Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Handbrake assembley issues

Terry I

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SV6
Gday there, Please be gentle , this is my first time I am stuck with a problem! I have a 2013 VE, the handbrake (Park brake) doesnt release, I have managed to release it with a lot of force , so now I dont use it at all!On investigation, I managed to pull down the bottom half of the console just enough to see part of the assembly, and I found where the cable from the button attaches to the assembly to release it, I can see the hole on the assembly for the cable appears to be elongated or oval shaped, so it jams and it doesnt release! Ive looked youtube to see if there is any tutorials etc, to no avail! I am having trouble working out how the console comes out (clips etc) to remove the assembly! I thought about taking the car to a Holden dealer, but I know they will charge me the earth! Is this a common problem on VE's?I have seen other earlier models with the same type of problem!
Thank you in advance if someone can help! Cheers Terry!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Terry have you seen the handbrake adjustment screw in under the Silver panel in front of the console lid? Not sure if that would help.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
To Replace the Hand Brake Cable under the Car from the "Hand Brake Handle to the T-Bar",
is a Major Job, for such a minor part to replace, not impossible,
big enough to be a pain in the [you know where], need to be confident,
And make sure the car is safe if you doing it on the ground.

You will need to remove the -
  1. Rear Muffler/s
  2. Complete Exhaust from CATS to Rear Muffler Couplings
  3. First Heat Shield
  4. Tail Shaft from Transmission to Diff
  5. Second Heat Shield
  6. And you will find it under there,
  7. Release the Hand Brake Adjustment Screw to release the cable tension, to be able to disconnect it from the T-Bar.
Re-assemble is the exact opposite
Hope this helps. ;)

Terry I

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SV6
Thanx guys but its not the adjustment or the rear cables, Its a small diameter wire cable that runs from the button, to the assembly near the ratchet near the drivers seat! Under the drink holders! The cable is similar to a push bike brake cable! I need to remove the surrounding plastic and drink holders to access it!