Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Handbrake lever rod

Filippimini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais, 1965 Morris Mini
Ok, so I just got the gf to help. No luck. I think the rod must be bent.

So my next questions is, to remove the consol, do i first have to remove the consol from around the tape deck? Does the tape deck get removed? Does the climate control need to be removed?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
been a while since i did my calais stereo. you have to take off the center console portion that the power window switches sit on first. then that will reveal the screws on the fascia that the stereo is bolted into. theres 2 screws in the bottom of the armrest storage (center console), screwed to the trans tunnel. then youll have to dissemble the shift selector stuff. open the glove box and drop the steering column panel (where the fuses hide) and follow the vertical line of screws for the stereo fascia. disconnect the climate control too. youll find which screws need to come out as you go too. you shouldnt need to take out the head unit.

oh also 2 clips inside the armrest at the top edge to lift off that cover the window switches sit on

Filippimini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais, 1965 Morris Mini
Yeah, it's been 10 years since I last pulled one of these consoles apart. Sounds like a job for the weekend.