Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

handbrake repositioning?

5 speed VR

Green Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Exc 5 spd
My friend wants to turn his 3 seater ute into a 2 seater , and put the column shift on the floor as well as move the handbrake from beside the seat into the centre , like a sedan.

Can the parkbrake be easily moved to this position ( he is aware that he'll need a sedan cable as the ute is different )

J

jc58nc

My friend wants to turn his 3 seater ute into a 2 seater , and put the column shift on the floor as well as move the handbrake from beside the seat into the centre , like a sedan.

Can the parkbrake be easily moved to this position ( he is aware that he'll need a sedan cable as the ute is different )

The drivers side handbrake has an extension cable and a lever mounted in the centre handbrake hole, just remove them and replace the handbrake assembly with a centre sedan one and the jobs done! Don't replace the ute cable it's fine, the centre hole on the ute will be open on the bottom compared to the standard centre mount handbrake, but this does not cause any problems. You'll have to rewire the handbrake light also.

seabass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 3.8 M5
i have a spare centre hand break if ya interested, complete, PM me if you are