Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Handbrake wiring for DVD player

Franklee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Hi all,

I'm wondering where the easiest place is to connect a pioneer dvd players hand/parkbrake wire is? Where does the positive wire from the handbrake run to?

Can I find this wire somewhere under the dash or near the gear stick etc? (I have access to these at the moment and hope to be able to avoid ripping any more of the dash apart..)

Or does anyone have a wiring diagram so I could try and trace it back myself??

Thanks!

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
Usually earth out the wire so your screen will play whilst driving. Illegal etc, before the forum whiners attack, but its how the majority of people do it.

Franklee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
does this work on newer pioneer gear? I've seen posts about needed a switch etc etc.

If I was to hook this up to the light in the centre console (lift up lid thingy), would I then be able to use that as a switch? e.g open the lid, switch on - close lid, switch off? Any ideas? Just looking for a quick solution as I can't quite get to the wire down by the handbrake itself.

Cheers for the reply.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
i had a pioneer avh5950 dvd headunit which i earthed the handbrake wire and it worked fine so just earth it anywhere i did.

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
what i do is a little dodgy too..

i run a wire from the hand break (not hard to get off the vy/vz) to a on/on switch.

one side goes to the handbreak, other side goes straight to earth.

trying to put in a mom. switch can get annoying.
i put the switch next to the fuse box, so you unclip the panel, flick the switch and pop it back shut.
cops will never find it as it works with the handbreak.