Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HannibalK1ng's (Andrew's) VZ SV6

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Basicly today wasnt good.

I went to pick up the car and was buying it private without a rwc (my brother is a mechanic and was gonna get it done for me)

But the guy which is understandable didnt want to hand it over with no rwc just in case i was to stack it and then they use that it wasnt sold with a rwc as a cause of why i smashed the car.

So basicly he is gonna get the roadworthy done on monday (think it needs 2 rear tyres and **** all else) so hopfully get it monday night :(

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey guys! just posting to say i picked up my car tonight and cant be more happy drives really nicely and goes hard very smooth power compared to my old skyline.

Ill probs take some pics tomorrow.

Really unsure of to do looks or performace.

I want to do performace but my gf wants me to lower it and get some 19s going. so yea sorta undecided.

Might do the 2 hole mode on saturday and pop in a K&N filter.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
honestly depends how you want to go. If you want a Fast car you'll be looking at FI.
Wheels, Springs, Exhaust, Cold Air, Stereo, Tune, Brakes. About all the is to do to them atm, if your a keen Racer then look into Diff Gears too

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yea on my Ps atm maybe after i finish id consider getting a charger put on but thats over a year away.

I was sorta thinking to go lowered, rims and maybe a tint first get that out of the way cause thats all i really want to do looks wise.

then start in this order 2 hole mod, exhaust/extractors (same time), dif gears 3.7/3.9s, tune and then maybe breaks.

so to get me started some suggestions on wheels.

I want them to be 19s
i was thinking so far either VE GTS (shadow Chrome) or ANZ Five = Five The Tyre Factory

and with the 2 hole mod do you really need to get the MCAI shroud? i had a look and didnt really seem to do much????

what you guys think about that?

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hey guys just something else i have been thinking about

i have searched the forums but havent found the best answer of exhaust size for a VZ

i have seen 2.5inch single system, dual 2 1/4" meeting into a single 3" manta system and other variations. what do you think sounds and performs the best?

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
For rims if u like deeep dish i would get the Koya R1 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 looks insane and chuk some fat tyres on da rear!! Koya Wheels - New Range NOW Available!

As for exhaust well pacemaker headers plus hi flow ballistic cats. For catback castle hill exhaust have proven systems for the alloytecs and they can custom tune ur car too if u want to go further haha

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
there are a few exhaust out the for the Alloytecs.. some good some bad.. depends what you are into and after.. just a suggestion, but, the stock cats go awesome and do a good job as they are, if you put pacemaker extractors on them just widen the housing so the piping will fit in and out of it.. did that with mine and it works the treat ;)

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
get calais headlights like i did for my black SV6. also get the factory strut brace from Holden for under $40 it will firm up the ride and just bolts straight up. a cheap quick fix and welcome to the forum.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
if your chasing handling i dont really think a strut brace is your solution.. BUT they do look good under the bonnet, especially color coded to match your car..
:thumbsup: agree with the lights, looks awesome, am going to do it when i become a millionaire, haha or when i can save it up

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey guys just a little update been busy with work and other things.

So today i had time and did the two hole mod.

It didnt take long and was cheap except for the K&N panel.

Improvements? well noise not realy up untill about 3.5-4k rpm it sort picks and can defently hear a difference. but i did feel like it had a bit more go up top sorta like going from AC on to off which is a fair increase for something that cheap and simple. I guess it will help more when i do my exhaust and other mods.

I bought a gauge pod so just waiting for it to be delivered and ill get that put in straight away by my brother. I hope to get some lowered springs this week as well and most likly next week end ill go get a quote for an exhaust and extractors set up.

Here are some quick pics taken from my iphone.

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg