Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HannibalK1ng's (Andrew's) VZ SV6

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey guys new to the forums so thought i might as well start my own build up thread.

Heres my story first.

Basicly my first car was a VS Calais which i loved to bits but was a bit of a heap costing me money, so i decided id get rid of it. I was looking for a VY S at the time manual but there were abit out of my price range. Anyways cut a long story short i found a nice Black manual R33 GTS4 (non turbo) now ive been driving the skyline for over a year and just wanted a commodore again.

So this is where the new story begins of me hopefully picking up my new VZ SV6 Manual up tomorrow!!!! Just sorta waiting for the bank to do the bank cheque hopefully gonna leave work a little early to go pick up the cheque so tomorrow morning i can go get my car (private sale)

I will put pics up tomorrow but just to give you an idea.

Silver 2004 VZ SV6 Manual with 120k kms stock as a rock.

I plan to build it up but need some suggestions first.

I need to decide if i want to go for looks or performace first. The problem i had with my skyline was that i wanted to do everything at once and ending up not doing really much so ive decided consintating on one aspect at a time would help.

So what do you guys thing i should do first? Performance or Looks?

And in general what Rims would suit a silver car? 19inch something with a bit of black and silver? im really not sure.

Anyways i look forward to keeping this thread updated and look forward to making it happen! Thanks!!!

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
well i rekon just go ur basic mods as the body on the sv6 is awsome just a set of rims and the outside is complete [in my opinon] so extractors and zorst cai, also 3 window cluster, then just enjoy the car for abit as most will be happy with that.

ps welcome to the furom

pps i beat u DUK13Y lol

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
As much as i am a looks man myself i would sugest to go with performance 1st, although once you start with performance it will never stop. With looks comes the expectation of power. for example when you pull up to a Commie with big wheels, bedaged, lowered and dark tint you think this should be sweet and he/she ends up being a stocko V6 (like mine) then you pull up to a stock looking commy and your like i could take this dude and he fully flogs the pants off you, and no matter how good your car looks you feel like a piece of crap. Thats my oppion anyway, just speaking from personal experience.

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Any suggestions of the wheels? ive seen ANZ FIve=Five or something there alright.

And also noticed people dont do cats to the SV6s? are they good enough already and dont need changing?

Thanks

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Very nice another SV6 owner on the forums, welcome mate.

Want any ideas just check out my ride!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

HannibalK1ng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey guys thanks for all the comments and being very friendly.

Ive had a little look at rims and atm i have my eye on either VE GTS (shadown chrome or even full black)

or ANZ Five = Five. so whats you view on them?

and with The cat converter is it worth the upgrade performace wise? compared to the stock ones?

Thanks!!!!!!!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
pps i beat u DUK13Y lol

lol.. hats off to you then sir :p

and with The cat converter is it worth the upgrade performace wise? compared to the stock ones?

Unless you plan on big performance mods like FI or a bigger cam, there is very little gain from improving your cats. The stock ones are fine but opening the exhaust up to a 2.5" system and getting yourself some headers will both make it sound better and get you a few more ponies at the wheels. Might even be more economical depending on how you drive.