Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Happy 30th Birday Sensei! 1992 VP HSV SENATOR...

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Hey guys! Got a couple of cars on the go at the same time which is a bit silly but thought Id wish one of my favourite kids a happy 30th birthday! Bought her in January 2017 so before Holden shut down and covid went crazy with the prices, lol. Took the stock engune out and put her on an engine stand at 127000km and put in my 20 year work in progress( because I'm alway broke and cant work muck thank to to a 3.5cm brain tumour. Engine is a low grout 355 COME crank Scat Hbeams SRP 8.4:1 forged pistons m&w/ Pro gram engineering 4 bolt slayed main caps ASR Circuit race sump and pick up COME 590 alloy heads Edelbrock Victor Jr intake with Active Twin intake and twin delco TBs....Engine has a full stud kit and is the SECOND incarnation, after the Harrop stripped out its thrust surface to paper thing due to fitting a TUET11012 Magnum T56 from Tremec(800+ lbft torque capable)
Also had a Vortech V2 Ttrim(yes helical gear Ttrim!) but just couldn't keep the belt on under boost. Running NA atm but looking into rear mount turbo to minimise cutting the bejeezus out off the car. Buying a rust repair battery tray to make sure any mods are TOTALLY reversable. Purists gunna hate but my car- My rules, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220401-105728_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-105728_Gallery.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot_20220401-105746_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-105746_Gallery.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20220401-105802_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-105802_Gallery.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
That's so sweet! Awesome car! I can't get over the low KMs! I would just leave it as is without the turbo / blower because it seems so right, but as you say your car :cool:

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate! Yeah it IS a good cruiser now Ive ironed a whole lot of reliability bugs out but still want to replace the old Crane Hi6R that I blew up and putting in a Hi6DSR...And MAKE sure not to wire the rev limit wire to the coil +ive....Thats not good. Right up until then the pick up was awesome and no continuous breakdowns. Still have all the standard engine, headers, wheels etc to bring her back to stock at any point easily but the stock engine needed the rear main done and the built engine was good to good to go....Even if its been a love/ hate relationship...lol

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Thanks mate! Yeah it IS a good cruiser now Ive ironed a whole lot of reliability bugs out but still want to replace the old Crane Hi6R that I blew up and putting in a Hi6DSR...And MAKE sure not to wire the rev limit wire to the coil +ive....Thats not good. Right up until then the pick up was awesome and no continuous breakdowns. Still have all the standard engine, headers, wheels etc to bring her back to stock at any point easily but the stock engine needed the rear main done and the built engine was good to good to go....Even if its been a love/ hate relationship...lol
Seems smart to me, if you have the engine already and can keep the standard engine to the side unmolested, should be good for the future.

I actually had a VP Senator 5000i 20 years ago with a built 355 engine, was a lovely car. Very nice to cruise in. I miss it nowadays, although I'm happy with what I have. We always want to keep them all but who has the space? It actually had around 100,000 KMs on it back then and I didn't drive it that much. So, 127,000 KMs now is very nice.

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah in the process of getting the original holden timing cover intake throttle body sump thermostat housing ancilliary brackets and headers y piece all vapour blasted so it brings it all back to factory finish aswell and allready repaint the fuel rail covers rocker cover etc in 2k Asteriod/ no clear to keep it as factory as possible... :) One thing I reckon is a must is putting the larger 330mm discs and twin spots on the front and 289 vented rear disc set up because I cant drive it in anger until I can stop as well as it can potentially go... :)

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Sounds sweet! Good call on the brakes too, I had the same setup on my Senator and they were great.

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Im hoping I can cheat by using the existing fronts for the rear seeing as the calipers dont incorporate a handbrake mechanism and have their own separate in the internal mini drum...(?)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Im hoping I can cheat by using the existing fronts for the rear seeing as the calipers dont incorporate a handbrake mechanism and have their own separate in the internal mini drum...(?)

That just might work. Never even occurred to try this. Hopefully the bolt mounts are the same, you might possibly need an adaptor