Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hard Lids and Sports Bars

bini93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
Hey, I want to put a sports bar on my VZ ute and was wondering if I could keep my hard lid on it and cut holes around there the sports bar goes or do I need to sell the hard lid?
Also can you buy special hard lids that fit utes with sports bars on them?

Cheers

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey mate,

i think with the hardlids and sports bars their is a individual piece around the bars and the hardtop then seals to that piece. so i'm assuming you'd be able to cut it. install the pieces around the bars. then you'd have to most likely re fiber glass the edges and make it seal up to the pieces around the bars.

not 100% sure but just what it looks like. I havent had a close up look either.

bini93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
Thanks mate, I'll have a look and see what I can do.

adamtadman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute
Hey mate,

i think with the hardlids and sports bars their is a individual piece around the bars and the hardtop then seals to that piece. so i'm assuming you'd be able to cut it. install the pieces around the bars. then you'd have to most likely re fiber glass the edges and make it seal up to the pieces around the bars.

not 100% sure but just what it looks like. I havent had a close up look either.

I have a hardtop. But its not a fibreglass top. Its a tuff tonneu tuff lid. Which has the soft top material on the top. The it has shark cage mesh under that and then its got a lining of some sort on the bottom side. Would i still be able to do it or would i have to buy just a soft top to suit?