Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hard out air con clunk

mischf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2
Gday,

Does everyones aircon make a real loud clunk when the clutch engages? It's pretty loud man. Also theres a cover on the front of the pulley which is a bit loose, is it supposed to be like that? Was gonna put this in the aircon section but it looks ghetto.

Cheers.

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
if the clunk is as loud as you say it is then you need an new compressor,it sounds as if the bearing in the front of it have either colapsed or are worn real bad. you cant replace these bearings(i tryed at work and made a mess if it) the cover on the front of the pully is actually part of the clutch,its suposed to rotate and have verry minimal side ways movement

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
mine makes a noise not too loud but noticeable. when i turn my air con on with my supercharger engaged the engine struggles and eventually stalls. lol.. bloody air con must use a fair bit of spark...

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
yeah i noticed when i used to turn my air con on it would make the whole engine struggle,
good pumps are under 100bucks and if it is clunking i would say as others have is that your bearings are rooted, with sumer coming up it would be a good idea to grap one and fit it or if you dont feel confident go to an air con joint now, and get a new/second hand one fited and get it all regassed
then you'll be nice and chilly in those bloody hot months and you will think back and thank justcommodores