Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hard to start when its warmed up

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Anyway has anyone else noticed it hasn't even been said what engine this is? I'm assuming injected 5 liter in the VH SLE but for all I know that has a carby 304 in it and hes talking about a V6 VN :p

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
greenfoam said:
Anyway has anyone else noticed it hasn't even been said what engine this is? I'm assuming injected 5 liter in the VH SLE but for all I know that has a carby 304 in it and hes talking about a V6 VN :p

Woops, I'd assumed a v6 vn because it was in here, well picked up. If it's a carby 8 then thats a really weird problem and I have no idea what's wrong with it, usually the buggers are more difficult to start when cold. If it's an injected 8 then thats a really weird problem and I have no idea what's wrong with it, although common sense would seem to be pointing to the fuel side of things.

MontieVHSL/E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 304 (injected)
hey thanks for all the help guys! i havnt had time to do anything about yet. it is a vn 5ltr engine (injected). sorry i guess it was assumed, i should have mentioned that.

hazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN COMMODORE V6
I have the same problem but apparently in my case it has something to do with the gas computer. It seems to put both gas and petrol in at the same time. What can i do!!!!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
tlndofa said:
IT IS YOUR CRANK SHARFT SENSOR,this does not start the car when warm if damaged but easy cold,tip water on it to start car first kick,2lt...is behind the harmonic balancer,bottom wheel of belt. (wire to it).ser 2 has plastic coating on it which tends to give protection but shorter life,also check trany oil ,may be low,an caused the problem...30$ for second hand sensor max..50$ labour max ...well after reading posts 89 calias is so correct.

It's called a Crank Angle Sensor aka CAS...

Get your facts right mate.

Cheers
MaT