Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hardest Work?

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
what's the hardest work ppl in JC land have had to do for a dollar?

mine are: spud picking, turf laying and concreting but spud picking takes the cake, i have huge respect for anyone that can do this full time for a week ut at gatton.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Hardest work that I've ever done.. Putting up tents as a contractor for the singaporian army. Thousands of tents, rock hard ground in the sun, early starts and long days.

That'd be about it though, apart from that I've got cushy jobs.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Spending 3 months in East Timor as a frontline soldier. Followed closely by Jungle warfare training at Tully :D

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I did spud digging as well,and we had to load trucks with 50Kg bags of spuds which we had to carry on our own and stack up head high. I also did rock picking, timber stacking and tyre fitting mainly on trucks and heavy industrial equipment.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I did 2 days (getting to work at 5am in the morning) at a concreting place that made reinforced beams for buildings, etc

Never worked that hard physically again although working in a busy bar (MCG Hotel during footy season for example) can be pretty hard work as well but nothing compared to a lot of the physical lifting jobs out there

Last edited:

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Unloading and loading shipping containers/pallet stacking. Mainly 8kg boxes and 25kg bags. 8kg might not sound that heavy but when you get half way through the container they feel about 16kg and towards the end your arms feel like dropin off. The 25kg bags were the worst though. Also you couldnt slow down coz the pay was per container and not an hourly rate hence not working there for long!

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Erecting farm fencing. Very heavy lifting involved (90+kg strainer posts), 12 hours a day, digging holes by hand, rock breaking etc
I worked out in one day I lifted and moved 4800kg of timber, that was on just an average day I took note.

Next was a stock feed mill. Heavy lifting again (40 - 60kg up ladders) not to the same degree but in a tin shed in summer it was unbearable. In winter the temp was around 30 degrees in the mill so I wouldn't want to guess what it was in summer.
10 minutes into work you were coated with grain dust so it felt like you had a full body suit on. They worked me very hard and when I left it was funny to discover that they had to employ three people to cover my workload.
My Supervisor told the boss to pay me more to make me stay but they didn't.
Saw the Boss about two years later and he pleaded with me to return on a higher pay. I didn't.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
I started off in a wrecking yard. I tell you what im glad I got out of that job. I hated having to get something off a car in the hot sun on a 45 degree day for a customer thats waiting.

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
War games in Graffenwohr, Germany with an field artillary unit. Lugging 50 kg projectiles and sucking dust from all hours of the night and waking up to a greasy looking sargeant screaming in your face. And this was winter maneuvers, it was so cold, even your imaginary friends froze. You can see where it is on Google Earth.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Unloading and loading shipping containers/pallet stacking. Mainly 8kg boxes and 25kg bags. 8kg might not sound that heavy but when you get half way through the container they feel about 16kg and towards the end your arms feel like dropin off. The 25kg bags were the worst though. Also you couldnt slow down coz the pay was per container and not an hourly rate hence not working there for long!

Hahaha, shipping containers suck. Nothing beats getting into work at 6AM to be faced with a 40ft hi-cube full of 4WD tyres. Except perhaps getting into work at 6AM and finding that the aforementioned container is in fact full of little bitch tyres. You can get over 1500 of the damned things in a 40 footer!