Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hardwiring an AUX cable to VZ Blaupunkt radio

mrjayviper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
so I hardwired an AUX cable to the headunit using this guide. It's working fine and I've tried multiple devices ranging from Samsung Galaxy S2/S3, iPhone 4s/6S+.

I've recently acquired an LG G3 as my main gym music player (easier to manage music files on Android) and I find the AUX hardly works. There is no problem with the headphone jack as connecting a headphone/earphone works fine. I've also tried connecting the phone to a speaker jack via another AUX cable and it works fine.

If music is coming from the an audio CD and I insert the cable to an iPhone, it will automatically switch to the iPhone as the primary audio source. If I do the same on the G3, it cannot detect the G3 as the audio source. Sometimes it works ok but it's mostly miss than hits. I've also tried using the "silent" audio CD and no change.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced the same. I guess I'm wondering if it was my wiring that is the problem and not the phone. Thanks