Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Harmonic Balancer Puller

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
I've searched the forums and can't really find any detail on a suitable Puller to remove the HB on my VN V6 series 2.

The retaining nut is off and I can see 3 slots on the face of the balancer. Is there a thread inside these slots? If so is this a suitable mount for the puller? Anyone know what size thread and length of bolts?

Someone suggested to bolt a plate over the cracked pully bolt then wind the bolt out against the plate thus pushing the balancer off the crankshaft.

Have others used a 3 claw puller grabbing the balancer over its edge?

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
can use 3 jaw puller but if ur reusing the balancer it is not advised as this would put added stress on the rubber.

i bought a ordinary harmonic balancer puller and 3x m6 bolts 70mm long with 1mm thread pitch to bolt into the holes behind those 3 slits and off it fell.

puller was onle 33 bucks and a few bucks for some bolts as the ones in the pack dont fit.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
i took one from work, a two jaw , can have 8 different settings retail about 250 plus. weighs about 15 kilos

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
i use a 2 jaw 2kg $110 puller.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Is there a thread inside these slots? If so is this a suitable mount for the puller? Anyone know what size thread and length of bolts?

The bolts are 1/4 UNF and about 100 mm x 3 needed.

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
yeh delco thats similar to the one i used but the bolts that came with it are useless, holden tech service manual says you require 3 x 6mm diamiter 73mm long and 1mm thread pitch bolts any longer and it may hit the crank sensor..