Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Harmonic Balancer Question..

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
from my experience take it 2 the mechanics i used a rattle gun hdad to take the radiator and **** out to get it in there then it couldnt loosen the bolt so put the breaker bar on the ground and kicked the car it loosend it i had the harminic ballancer puller from supercheap cost me 70 dollars and it broke the puller had crow bars and everything trying to get it off in the end gave up took it to mechanis next day they cost a 120 to do it

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
[p]wrr-247;1749084 said:
from my experience take it 2 the mechanics i used a rattle gun hdad to take the radiator and **** out to get it in there then it couldnt loosen the bolt so put the breaker bar on the ground and kicked the car it loosend it i had the harminic ballancer puller from supercheap cost me 70 dollars and it broke the puller had crow bars and everything trying to get it off in the end gave up took it to mechanis next day they cost a 120 to do it

Id say you were probably doing something wrong.Ive never had a problem yet.Ive probably done 10 or so of them now.Ive even removed old balancers from engines that were sitting out in the weather and rain for 2 years,and they came straight off no worries.And whatever you do,dont try to lever it off with crowbars etc,this will crush the engines number 2 main bearing thrust faces, thats the part of the number 2 main bearing which controls the crankshaft end float.The bearings are made of very soft metals and it doesnt take much pressure to crush them.

Last edited:

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
only did it that way because i had the shits it was jammed in there the mechanic was taking quite a while to get it off aswell