Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Harmonic balancer

Davo_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2
Has anybody had a harmonic balancer that appeared to be visibly fine spinning on the car but was causing engine vibrations?

Davo_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2
I have checked and rechecked everthing so much its driving me nuts. Had it at 2 different mechanics that said they cant figure out why its vibrating that all mounts look fine. Has anybody had a balancer that was causing vibrations on a vx but looked fine in operation??

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I haven't,
but I have heard other people have, and they replaced it, and said its fixed it,
But its always a gamble if it could be the cause of the issue.

Maybe check out a repair manual and see if it mentions faults, and fix remedies.

Davo_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2
Cheers for the reply krusing yeah thinking of picking one up I can get a new one at a decent price but it would be a 4 hour round trip from where I am so just not sure if I want to make the trip or not.

cjohns87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon 2
Cheers for the reply krusing yeah thinking of picking one up I can get a new one at a decent price but it would be a 4 hour round trip from where I am so just not sure if I want to make the trip or not.
Hey mate did the replacement harmonic balancer fix your problem?