Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Harrop 2650

MDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf2 clubsport
first time at this but here goes, I'm getting a 2650 supercharger, 3"exhaust and cam fitted next week, is there anything you guys can warn or advise me on prior to install, cars 2014 6.2, manual, 30k km. Any advise, checklist or additional things for install would be greatly appreciated. Lastly I opted away from lifters bc of low km. I'm a boilermaker far far away from mechanical. Kind Regards Mikko

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'd make sure your cam has a lot of low end torque. That charger won't be on decent boost until the 4kish rpm range due to it's size as it will take longer to spool up than a 1900 or 2300 would.

MDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf2 clubsport
I'd make sure your cam has a lot of low end torque. That charger won't be on decent boost until the 4kish rpm range due to it's size as it will take longer to spool up than a 1900 or 2300 would.
Hey mate, will the combo be okay? Or should I drop down to a 2300??

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
do the lifters, change to tiebar units morel are a good brand

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Hey mate, will the combo be okay? Or should I drop down to a 2300??

Depends on what you want to use your car for... if you're headed to the strip then the bigger unit will help but I'd recommend spending some cash on the engine internals (this is why I guessed you're not building a drag car).

If you are going to be predominantly a street or track car then a different setup might suit your needs better.

I'd talk to a few shops about what you want out of your ride on top of posting answers to my above questions here. It's best to get a well rounded and informed idea of what you expect and will get out of your mods prior to laying down your hard earned money.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
What cam you getting ?

Mines got a Magnuson 2300 with a VCM 5C cam. if I had my way again I'd have left the standard cam as it's a pig in traffic. Your's might be a bit more drivable as its a manual.

As far as power, the thing has more than I'll ever need. The 2650 might be a bit of overkill

MDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf2 clubsport
What cam you getting ?

Mines got a Magnuson 2300 with a VCM 5C cam. if I had my way again I'd have left the standard cam as it's a pig in traffic. Your's might be a bit more drivable as its a manual.

As far as power, the thing has more than I'll ever need. The 2650 might be a bit of overkill[/QUOT
Not sure, I just told em I wanted plenty of power just for weekend use, must be mid life crisis!! Lol
I'm hoping it will break traction at least second?? Still a kid I guess

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Hey mate
The cars only done 30k, are lifters normally done with supercharges??

I never had them done when getting a Harrop 2300 on my L77. 12,000 ks since and all fine but never saw redline. If you intend high revs often, get them done otherwise they will be fine with 5k oil changes. I think it is the high revs that make some play up rather than the blower. Mine had a stock cam. Adding a custom cam might change things.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I've heard that the 1900 spun faster is better than a 2300 spun slower for street use if your not chasing max power. A screw blower spitting already comressed air surely doesnt need time to "spool" does it? I thought it would be linear as revs increase. Can those in the know shed some light?