Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Harrop 2650

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
PD blower just produce boost and if the engine is setup right it will flow full boost from idle to redline, the centrifugal superchargers build boost as rpm increase, the smaller 1900 spun harder is going to produce more heat so a bigger blower making the same power will be doing it with ease, i have a 2300 on the street with stock front pulley and toothed rear making easy 15 psi the 2650 would be good to have if ur in the market set about 10-12psi and will last forever

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
For the life of me I cannot remember why I thought that unit was a centrifugal blower! Lol... guess I should pay more attention when I'm half awake at 6 am after too many father's day ales.

With that said, after reading this and similar product reviews the 2600 unit seems to be a generation ahead of the old eaton 2300 in terms of efficiency so it is a better prospect if considering between the two. There seems to be a limit to the efficiency at 16psi which isn't bad for longevity's sake as earlier mentioned.

The eaton 1900 can spin up (not spool lol) quite fast compared to the 2300 as demonstrated by LSA vs LS9 tuning but it does create a heat issue that can be overcome with a little ingenuity.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Isn't the 2650 physically bigger?

Will it still have bonnet clearance?

n3wbi3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS V RedLine
Give c&a autofashion a call.

Cheaper then Harrop and they also know there ****.

MDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf2 clubsport
PD blower just produce boost and if the engine is setup right it will flow full boost from idle to redline, the centrifugal superchargers build boost as rpm increase, the smaller 1900 spun harder is going to produce more heat so a bigger blower making the same power will be doing it with ease, i have a 2300 on the street with stock front pulley and toothed rear making easy 15 psi the 2650 would be good to have if ur in the market set about 10-12psi and will last forever

I'm getting the guy to put new lifters in to be safe, and a high flow oil pump, he's given me a quote for CnC ported heads, must admit $$ starting to get out of control, its now at 22k, are heads going to make that much of a difference?? Pls advise anyone

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
heads will make a small difference but not as much when boosted because u are already cramming air in past the n/a flow potential, boost changes everything no longer does your engine have to draw air in and push it out the blower forces it in and also that pressure helps push it out making it much easier, i still have the stock LS2 heads and ill only get them ported when the engine goes boom, for the price ported isnt worth it verses gain but if ur after every last bit unless ur doing lifters which remove heads anyway

MDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf2 clubsport
Well guys, on 8 pound, car made 529rwkw and 1080nm torque. It’s getting different pulley tonight, and run tomorrow, hoping for min 550

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
As He-Man says, I have the power. MDK, you now have the power!