Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

harrop 4 piston hsv brakes

Lukey94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais 3.8
hi guys, i recently purchased some harrop 343mm hsv 4 piston brakes for the front of my vz ss. I spoke to a bloke down at penrith brake and clutch and he said that I will need a custom hose made up for it to fit. Is this correct? because i was presuming I could just use the hoses that are already on my car at the moment? Cheers :)

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Not sure about the Harrops but the HSV twins used the same hose as the stocker but if you fitted the later VT Holden stockers you had to change the hose, different length.
Just check how and where the hose bolts to the caliper.
If the Bango and bolt head look the same and the length/position is the same you could possibly use the same brake hoses.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
They are different, go to Safe Brake for some braided ones. IMO that is where you'll notice the best braking difference anyway.

Lukey94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais 3.8
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Brakes are all done, used my exisiting lines as they fitted, might go braided lines later but for now didn't see the point on spending $200. They work really good and look awesome!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
They look good.
I was pretty sure you could use the same lines.
The difference between HSV and Holden hoses is only minor.
In fact I don't know why they bothered, probably just so they could give ii a HSV part number and charge more.