Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hart 12" Low Frec Subwoofer

m3taL

For what its worth.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
88` S1 VN, 5spd & 94' VR Wagon
Hey just got my new ride a few weeks ago and its got a HART (All i can find on the driver is HART Low Freq) Sub in it... Its Deep and basy just Not much noise....

Just wondering if anyone has heard of these subs before and knows wether there any good and wether or not i can throw it in a custom Ported box.. its currently in a 500w x 400h x 200d Sealed box... just seems to be rather small for a 12 to me..... my last box i made was a 78l Ported box with a sony x-plod 12 inch and she thumped.....

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yes well a ported box does doof more than a sealed box ever will.
you need very exact specs (TS parameters) to design a ported box and to know a lot about box design to get a box you are happy with.
best to get a program called win isd and read the help file, should answer a lot of questions.

m3taL

For what its worth.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
88` S1 VN, 5spd & 94' VR Wagon
Yeah when i brought my Sony sub it had a whole list of Parameters and i used a prog called AJVENTED to design the box i found it quite impressive...

the only issue iv got is finding the params for this woofer.... i dont even know the wattage has nothing written on it at all :ranting:

Is there a "Standard" Ported box i could base it off?? or is it a lost cause???

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
you can buy ported boxes from JB
dual or single anythng
i think single ported is about 80 -100 bux.
hope it helps

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
hmmm well hes been waiting 7 months for an answer so if it doesnt help then hes really in trouble :) :p

BTW - As Garfa points out box port and tune needs to modelled on TS specs: prefab ported boxes are generally a bad idea