Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has Age improved the VZ ?

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Well just did a base line service on the VZ (my fist alloytec) never believe whats in the service book..... bloody hell talk about sticker shock :)
So far ..oil, filter, plugs, coolant, water pump, filler neck seals, radiator cap assorted gaskets think thats it...just over $300 ...went to holdens to get a 90deg rubber joiner for the pcv tube to just behind the TB which had perished,they want over $90 as it comes as a complete assembly na pass... so long story short went to you_steal_it and had a look...only a few alloytec's there and they where picked dry..ended up with a a suitable hose from I think barina or astra with 3 90deg bends in it so that should do for now.....Over all not to bad to work on, well the basics anyway....

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hi
looking for some advice..Im looking for a replacement car for the wife's vx. Ive been reading about the timing chain issue and the electrical gremlins eeeek..So will a 220k km VZ still have future issues or is it a case of if they are still around its prob all been exorcised?...Im a buick/elmotec sort of guy and these new alloy lumps look like a lot smoke and mirrors to me ;)
Thanks
lts possibly the hot potatoe wiggles trick, pass a headach onto the next succa nomater what brand of grunt. Unless a car enthusiast has all the books and proof of new components such as bushes, struts, wheel bearings, rotors, air con compressor and components, ldler bearings and tensioners, waterpump etc as most mentioned have a lifespan and some at 80k max. So you pick up one for 6-10k and spend that just to achieve a reliable driver. Thats the caryard/private sale roadworthy scam.