Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone attempted a auto service on VF or WN without a dip stick

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Ah, the things we do for our kids :cool::eek::p
For my Sons statesman the car that he purchased without me know this and he bought this car from a Shonky dealer with a PINK Slip and had 20 things wrong with it including air bag light on.
So far I have replaced the Boot Lock, the Boot lock emergency cable thing, the drive side rear door latching mechanism, electric windows that dont work, replaced the drivers side window actuator, took the manifold off to fix water in oil (LIM Gaskets), replaced the front sway bar pins, replaced the Front stabelise "D" Rubbers, Fixed the wiring to stop when the car stop at the trafic lights the engine want still to go, fixed the issue that related with this Idle Control Valve, Fixed/ replaced the Throttle control sensor SHI.t possible a few more that I have forgotten. Trouble with this, the car has deleted my energy to a point that I'm worn out when It come to do think for our cars Like Yesterday changing the Oil and Filter on the Caprice V. I'm still stuffed this morning over 16 hours later. Yes rolling under a car is not good for a 70 yeal old person even with a thick blanket. The trouble with me I had to go back and forward at least 20 times to get tools and other because I forgot this and that and might have traveled at least 2k before the day was over. Thank God the Wife and my Daughter when she came home cleaned up everything and put everything away. EDIT the HORN/ALARM and it still goes on by itself sometimes even when the steering wheel is away from the Sun

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
^^ Always amazes me how some cars get that bad. I'd be having trouble sleeping if I let my car become such a **** heap! Good on you helping your son.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The trouble with me I had to go back and forward at least 20 times to get tools and other because I forgot this and that and might have traveled at least 2k before the day was over.
Where the Caprice V was and the Garages with most of the tools + floor jacks, stands + Work on car blankets and other was around 50 m away so each trip will be 100M back and if i do this at a average of 20 times because I continually forget things there is my 2K and considering I'm carrying something possibly heavy too you wonder why i'm stuffed. Thank God my wife and my daughter took everything back when I was finished. Also I suspect I possible had a another episode (Small Brain Bleed that small that a CT Scan wont find it or even a MRI will have trouble finding it)) because I have been feeling like thus in the last few days feeling lethargic like a vampire has suck all my blood out and my arms are two meters long and draging on the floor. No use to go to a hospital because they cannot do anything. This Very Very Very common on older people to have a small brain bleed and there is nothing to do to fix it just rest for 2 to 3 weeks to get your energy back.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Where the Caprice V was and the Garages with most of the tools + floor jacks, stands + Work on car blankets and other was around 50 m away so each trip will be 100M back and if i do this at a average of 20 times because I continually forget things there is my 2K and considering I'm carrying something possibly heavy too you wonder why i'm stuffed. Thank God my wife and my daughter took everything back when I was finished. Also I suspect I possible had a another episode (Small Brain Bleed that small that a CT Scan wont find it or even a MRI will have trouble finding it)) because I have been feeling like thus in the last few days feeling lethargic like a vampire has suck all my blood out and my arms are two meters long and draging on the floor. No use to go to a hospital because they cannot do anything. This Very Very Very common on older people to have a small brain bleed and there is nothing to do to fix it just rest for 2 to 3 weeks to get your energy back.
Hope your feeling better soon.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I knew a dyslexic pimp, he bought a warehouse!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I knew a dyslexic pimp, he bought a warehouse!
???? the Trouble with me I has a Vicious Heart attact and 5 Strokes to follow the Heart attack and this plays with me and sometimes mainly in the Arvo or Night (brain getting Tired) I keep away with computers because I make to many mistakes and I eyes seem them to be correct but there are not.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
???? the Trouble with me I has a Vicious Heart attact and 5 Strokes to follow the Heart attack and this plays with me and sometimes mainly in the Arvo or Night (brain getting Tired) I keep away with computers because I make to many mistakes and I eyes seem them to be correct but there are not.
Ooh, no offence meant. I was referring to an earlier joke. I’m pretty ordinary when it comes to fangle dangle things.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ooh, no offence meant. I was referring to an earlier joke. I’m pretty ordinary when it comes to fangle dangle things.
No probs, yes sometime my heads cant get around when someone type in other ways that make it hard for me to understand

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Had some spare time so decided to fit some parts I've collected over the last few years. No good having them sit around unused!

One thing I really wanted to do was fit the trans dipstick tube I bought from Janetty racing. As I was putting on some HSV headers I thought this would be a good opportunity to do it.

Wasn't a bad job, bit fiddly but happy with the result.

20200922_165412.jpg

Janetty dipstick tube.

20200923_142232.jpg

Removing fill plug.

20200923_151311.jpg

Nice firm fitting, Needed to be put in from the top of engine bay.

20200923_151728.jpg

Tube needs to be worked in underneath conduit.

Screenshot_20200923-192403_Gallery.jpg

Mounting bracket needed to be bent to allow headers to go back in.

Screenshot_20200923-192450_Gallery.jpg

Finished result is good. I put on a OTR as well so took off the sound enhancer. Not sure if it would have gotten in the way but I suspect so.

Going to mark hot and cold levels on the dipstick before fitting a Camaro deep pan. Should make further trans services easier in the future.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had some spare time so decided to fit some parts I've collected over the last few years. No good having them sit around unused!

One thing I really wanted to do was fit the trans dipstick tube I bought from Janetty racing. As I was putting on some HSV headers I thought this would be a good opportunity to do it.

Wasn't a bad job, bit fiddly but happy with the result.

View attachment 214548
Janetty dipstick tube.

View attachment 214545
Removing fill plug.

View attachment 214546
Nice firm fitting, Needed to be put in from the top of engine bay.

View attachment 214550
Tube needs to be worked in underneath conduit.

View attachment 214551
Mounting bracket needed to be bent to allow headers to go back in.

View attachment 214552
Finished result is good. I put on a OTR as well so took off the sound enhancer. Not sure if it would have gotten in the way but I suspect so.

Going to mark hot and cold levels on the dipstick before fitting a Camaro deep pan. Should make further trans services easier in the future.
Very, very Good job done. Tell me does this gearbox behave like a typicle auto gearbox "eg" when its cold you have a level but when it gets hot at full operation temperature the level increases up the dip stick like any other auto?