Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone bought brake parts from SSA on Gumtree ?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Planet parts seems to be different business to this gumtree seller...unless this seller is the competitor..

Last edited:

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Ron, I purchased my front Brembo kit from him. I spoke over the phone initially, and emailed/sms'ed questions as well, and got all the answers I needed. Not quite sure where he gets his parts from and how he sells them for the price he does:confused:. Didn't charge GST when I purchased as he said he's not registered to collect GST (I think you have to earn over $50k per annum).

I took the gamble and direct deposited the money into his account, he might have other methods of payment by now (paypal???). They were shipped within a few days of paying, really well packaged, and all the stamping on the calipers indicated they are the real deal. I see he includes the bolts now, he didn't when I purchased. If concerned, do as I did and call the guy and ask all the relevant questions.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Ron, I purchased my front Brembo kit from him. I spoke over the phone initially, and emailed/sms'ed questions as well, and got all the answers I needed. Not quite sure where he gets his parts from and how he sells them for the price he does:confused:. Didn't charge GST when I purchased as he said he's not registered to collect GST (I think you have to earn over $50k per annum).

I took the gamble and direct deposited the money into his account, he might have other methods of payment by now (paypal???). They were shipped within a few days of paying, really well packaged, and all the stamping on the calipers indicated they are the real deal. I see he includes the bolts now, he didn't when I purchased. If concerned, do as I did and call the guy and ask all the relevant questions.

Seems legit. I contacted him and he confirmed the details.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I have noticed his prices being that flash. Less fleas is better than ebay though