Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone bought this before ?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
There are 2 things to consider here. Firstly - do they comply with the relevant Australian Design Rules? Just be cause some guy has them in his car for 5 years without being booked is not grounds to claim compliance. Secondly, do you have any consideration for the poor guy coming back the other way getting dazzled by your uber cool headlights?

Reaper

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
$35 a pair. so much better than the old ones. still only 55/60. upgraded the parkers and the high beam bulbs as well due to the others looking horrid against the white ones

mavro

mavro
Reaction score
Website
www.mavromatis.nl
Members Ride
VX 5.7ss
whats wrong of trying too put your old car into the 21st century.
the cop and there old rules , all around the world cars are allowed to use these bulbs and aftermarket Xenon and only the aussie gov. has a problem with them.
they give more light and there for more safety on the road.
but thats aussie gov. for ya they allways try to invent the wheel again....

just put them in your car....... i did

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Secondly, do you have any consideration for the poor guy coming back the other way getting dazzled by your uber cool headlights?
Reaper

You r absolutely right...Hate the bloody things :shooting:.

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
i only want them for my missuses car because the low beam is very weak ? dunno if this happens with age , the hi beam is great though , if i dont use these bulbs , what would you suggest i get so that my wife can see , coz she drives down some badly lit streets on the way home from work ?

P

persiandesire

thx guys for d feedback

i just ended up reaplacing them with standard glodes and just polished up my headlights to get that yellow tint out of them so there more clear now the lens :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i only want them for my missuses car because the low beam is very weak ? dunno if this happens with age , the hi beam is great though , if i dont use these bulbs , what would you suggest i get so that my wife can see , coz she drives down some badly lit streets on the way home from work ?

Check out the lighting system on the car. Are the headlight lenses genuine items or has it been smashed at some stage and replaced with cheap after market ones??? Also, for the last 10 - 15 years headlight lenses have been progressively changed over to plastic. Many of the older types are going milky or yellow which significantly effects performance.

Reaper