Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone cammed their VF series 2 yet?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I really shouldn't be reading this stuff. Just encourages me and I said I wouldn't do these things again. You fellas plan on charging the car after the cams or would that be it? Think the 3.7 diff would be the go with the auto though.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I went a new 714 grind on my VF1 (232/234 114lsa) and it drives just nicely for a manual. Good for boost later too. If you guys aren't sure if you want a cam that's too grumpy, definitely don't look at a 110 or 112 lsa. The separation angle is a large part of how grumpy it is.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Lowered oil temps so better for life. I bought a VE kit and modified it.

My VF box is tuned. Made a huge difference to shift speeds and firmness

Yeah mate I heard the auto tune is a big improvement. I was surprised the Walkinshaw upgrade didn't include adjusting the auto maps. That said they're purchasing the transmission credits and doing it for $150. Another shop wanted $440. What did yours set you back if it's OK to ask

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
I went a new 714 grind on my VF1 (232/234 114lsa) and it drives just nicely for a manual. Good for boost later too. If you guys aren't sure if you want a cam that's too grumpy, definitely don't look at a 110 or 112 lsa. The separation angle is a large part of how grumpy it is.

Gotta admit I like a bit of lump at idle! No into stealth personally but with cops the way they are I understand why people do. A V8 commodore is like a red rag to a bull with the retards in the hwy patrol

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
I really shouldn't be reading this stuff. Just encourages me and I said I wouldn't do these things again. You fellas plan on charging the car after the cams or would that be it? Think the 3.7 diff would be the go with the auto though.

I'm not going to charge it. Pretty much done with performance upgrades once the Cam's done. Will dress the engine bay a bit but that's about it. I though about diff gears but with the low ratio 1st in the auto didn't think it would make a big difference considering the series two auto is 3:45:1 anyway unless you go the whole hog and go a stall, then you may as well go bigger cam but then you start thinking about better lifters, rockers, fuel system ect ect it doesn't stop

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Yeah mate I heard the auto tune is a big improvement. I was surprised the Walkinshaw upgrade didn't include adjusting the auto maps. That said they're purchasing the transmission credits and doing it for $150. Another shop wanted $440. What did yours set you back if it's OK to ask

Can't remember. Fitted all my bits including changing the diff from 2.92 to 3.45.

So got tune for 98 , gearbox tune, afm off and speedo recal. I thing it was a grand. Friend of a friend

Your diff ratio is 3.27 if auto

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Second that, auto 3.27, if it was 3.45 I wouldn't bother with a change either. The manuals are now 3.70 so I'll grab a gm diff to keep costs down, and the factory driveline is good for up to 400RWKW.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Gotta admit I like a bit of lump at idle! No into stealth personally but with cops the way they are I understand why people do. A V8 commodore is like a red rag to a bull with the retards in the hwy patrol

Don't get me wrong, it's got some lump to it and surges slightly in school zones, but with the duration it's got it makes good power and is nicely drivable for what it is.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Don't get me wrong, it's got some lump to it and surges slightly in school zones, but with the duration it's got it makes good power and is nicely drivable for what it is.

Second that, auto 3.27, if it was 3.45 I wouldn't bother with a change either. The manuals are now 3.70 so I'll grab a gm diff to keep costs down, and the factory driveline is good for up to 400RWKW.

I stand corrected it is indeed 3.27. Was a big night was thinking of my series 1 manual

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
I'd love to hear an example of how some of these cams sound