Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone cammed their VF series 2 yet?

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
Does getting a custom tune, or cam and tune, affect the way the exhaust Sounds, with the crackle etc?

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Just booked my VF2 Redline (auto) in for a Harrop H02 cam upgrade (224/232 114). Stock stall and 3.27 diff, but already has the Walkinshaw W375 fitted. Going to be a long 3 week wait (8th August) but will post results when done.

richo_00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFll SSV Redline
Cant wait too see peoples results! Better save some pennys myself!

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Harrop in Preston, includes cam sprocket, push rods and valve springs.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
No official driveline warranty with a cam unless you go with Walkinshaw's top of the range W547 (supercharger, cam, exhaust etc.). The way I personally look at it is, Harrop (or any reputable company) will warrant their work and flow on effects, and the stock driveline can handle up to the 400RWKW, a cam upgrade is well within the driveline's capabilities. Personally any official warranty is not worth much as they always have a "misuse" clause, stating if the car is pushed and something goes boom, you're not covered (not a direct quote ).

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
VF 2 Cam Upgrade Dyno Results

Ok results are in for my Cam upgrade. I had a last minute change of heart and went for a tuner well regarded by many in the QLD VF club. I'm glad I did. I ended up going with a 224/232 @ 50, 580/590 lift on 114 LSA, with Lunati double Spring kit / hardened pushrods.
435rwhp or 320.1rwkw at 5800rpm. The w375 was snappy before but now it's a brute! I'm happy to say the least. It's off to the drags Wednesday evening 3rd August so I'll post a video on YouTube shortly of the quarter mile run. I've got a clip of the dyno run on there already. The link is below the dyno chart

https://youtu.be/XMiFOCEQXe0

Last edited: