Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone cammed their VF series 2 yet?

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Hey Flo Rida;

Did you go the under drive balancer as well?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Ok results are in for my Cam upgrade. I had a last minute change of heart and went for a tuner well regarded by many in the QLD VF club. I'm glad I did. I ended up going with a 224/232 @ 50, 580/590 lift on 114 LSA, with Lunati double Spring kit / hardened pushrods.
435rwhp or 320.1rwkw at 5800rpm. The w375 was snappy before but now it's a brute! I'm happy to say the least. It's off to the drags Wednesday evening 3rd August so I'll post a video on YouTube shortly of the quarter mile run. I've got a clip of the dyno run on there already. The link is below the dyno chart

https://youtu.be/XMiFOCEQXe0

Had pretty much the exact cam in my 6l, mine was VCM 5SC.
Very nice cam! And leaves you with the option for boost down the track.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Ok results are in for my Cam upgrade. I had a last minute change of heart and went for a tuner well regarded by many in the QLD VF club. I'm glad I did. I ended up going with a 224/232 @ 50, 580/590 lift on 114 LSA, with Lunati double Spring kit / hardened pushrods.
435rwhp or 320.1rwkw at 5800rpm. The w375 was snappy before but now it's a brute! I'm happy to say the least. It's off to the drags Wednesday evening 3rd August so I'll post a video on YouTube shortly of the quarter mile run. I've got a clip of the dyno run on there already. The link is below the dyno chart

Nice result, you must be happy with that.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Sweet mate. Love to hear how it sounds at idle. So added around 40rwkw. Can I ask what the outlay was SS Flo Rida?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Duncan, I feel uncomfortable with your details being available to all & sundry on the interwebz, would you mind redacting your address at least? :)

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
No OzTurtle I spent a big more on quality parts so I kept the stock balancer but fitted ARP balancer bolt & washer

Cool, good to see your results as I'm basically going the same cam, and have the W375 as well. Interesting clip on your exhaust issues, gives me something to look out for.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Had pretty much the exact cam in my 6l, mine was VCM 5SC.
Very nice cam! And leaves you with the option for boost down the track.

Does getting a custom tune, or cam and tune, affect the way the exhaust Sounds, with the crackle etc?

It's more angry sounding at idle, and louder right through the rev range. It redlines at 7000rpm now and when it's there it sounds unbelievable with the WP exhaust system even from several blocks away... :)
Manners down low is great too I'm glad I didn't go a smaller cam as the WP distributor up here suggested. Some peoples idea of street manners must be pretty bloody tame is all I can say..