Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone cammed their VF series 2 yet?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Had pretty much the exact cam in my 6l, mine was VCM 5SC.
Very nice cam! And leaves you with the option for boost down the track.

Sweet mate. Love to hear how it sounds at idle. So added around 40rwkw. Can I ask what the outlay was SS Flo Rida?

40 rwkw is good going but the extra torque is what impressed me most. It feels so much quicker I'm busting to see what I run at willowbank this evening. Got a grudge match again with my mates fgx xr8 that ran 12.5's last time and pipped my 12.8's so hopefully the score gets settled!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
40 rwkw is good going but the extra torque is what impressed me most. It feels so much quicker I'm busting to see what I run at willowbank this evening. Got a grudge match again with my mates fgx xr8 that ran 12.5's last time and pipped my 12.8's so hopefully the score gets settled!
otherwise more $$$$$ without him noticing and changes to your car.

richo_00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFll SSV Redline
Nice results flo rida! Got a quote from WSM the other day $5600 for cam upgrade and diff gears done also.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Ok results are in for my Cam upgrade. I had a last minute change of heart and went for a tuner well regarded by many in the QLD VF club. I'm glad I did. I ended up going with a 224/232 @ 50, 580/590 lift on 114 LSA, with Lunati double Spring kit / hardened pushrods.
435rwhp or 320.1rwkw at 5800rpm. The w375 was snappy before but now it's a brute! I'm happy to say the least. It's off to the drags Wednesday evening 3rd August so I'll post a video on YouTube shortly of the quarter mile run. I've got a clip of the dyno run on there already. The link is below the dyno chart

https://youtu.be/XMiFOCEQXe0

Where is the before graph.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Hey Flo Rida;

Awesome result mate, especially in street trim!
With a change to the diff (maybe 3:71's) you should dip into high 11's!