Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone else fitted the 6mm insulator? L67

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys,

Has anyone else installed the 6mm or even the 25mm cold air intake insulator on a L67?

Reason I ask is because I need to know if I am supposed to fit a gasket between the lower inlet manifold and insulator, and then between the insulator and the intercooler?

No gaskets came with the insulator that's why I am asking. One gasket came with the intercooler kit.

Cheers,
Ben

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
I dont think the gaskets come with it, there sold seperate if u scroll to the bottom of this link http://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/mace/Products/MI615 you'll see a gasket and a few other bits and pieces there for it. But there $22.00 and im pretty sure you could get one from supercheap, auto barn anywhere like that local. As for it being mandatory to fit it in them places thats something MACE will have the info about.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Wouldnt you just gasket the buttom sealant the top?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Oh yeah didn't see that. $22 is fairly cheap considering Holden sells them for $50 each, and that's trade price.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
yeah SAANNN might as well grab a couple ay.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I have one that Yella Terra supplied in the kit, and I still have one that HM Engines supplied when they rebuilt the engine, I bought one from Holden because I didn't know that they were going to give me the gasket with the engine. So I already have two, just want to make sure whether I should use them or not, or just stack them.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
one is good enough i recon just keep the others for back up

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Ben,

We recommend that you use the original gasket under the insulator and a thin smear of silastic type gasket maker on top. You want to fit the insulator between the LIM and intercooler plate.

We would also highly recommend replacing the water O ring seals at the same time as well

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.
Bart