Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone ever bought the Storage Box from Holden?

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
I know quite a few guys have built their own storage compartments for their utes with timber etc but I'm interested to know if anyone has bought the Storage Box from Holden accessories which can be moved in the tray or folded up behind the cabin.

The price at first turned me off at $1280 but when I spoke to the local dealer he said he could do it for $530 - I spoke to him again yesterday and he will bring it down to $450 for me.

Are they that bad? Or are they running them out? I was hoping someone has used one and can give some feedback either good or bad on them.

I know that some of you are going to say just build yourself something for storage but unfortunately due to a stroke a few years ago I have lost some function in my left arm so this isn't an option for me which is why I'm interested in one of these boxes.

Cheers John

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I know quite a few guys have built their own storage compartments for their utes with timber etc but I'm interested to know if anyone has bought the Storage Box from Holden accessories which can be moved in the tray or folded up behind the cabin.

The price at first turned me off at $1280 but when I spoke to the local dealer he said he could do it for $530 - I spoke to him again yesterday and he will bring it down to $450 for me.

Are they that bad? Or are they running them out? I was hoping someone has used one and can give some feedback either good or bad on them.

I know that some of you are going to say just build yourself something for storage but unfortunately due to a stroke a few years ago I have lost some function in my left arm so this isn't an option for me which is why I'm interested in one of these boxes.

Cheers John

If they were trying to flog them at nearly $1300 originally, no wonder they still have some in stock! I've seen them on demonstrator utes and they seem reasonably solid. If you are happy with the price and can afford it, why not? The best thing about them was that they were designed for VE utes so they fit properly and maximise the space.