Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone got any insight on Allied Bearings company?

Which wheel hub would you recommend?

• OEM hub from Holden $300+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allied Bearings hub $88

• GSP hub $65 (potentially dangerous)

• Other..

• Total voters

flux

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VZ R8 Maloo LS2 6.0L
I'm looking to replace a wheel hub for my VS Calais and was wondering if anyone had tried Allied Bearings as they seem to have high standards and a lower price than OEM ($88 + Free Postage) for the hub assembly. Also they have specialized in bearings and seals since 1982. Buy Holden Wheel Bearing Kits Online

I've already purchased a GSP one off eBay for $65 but after doing a bit of researching I'm kind of hesitant to fit it to my car and potentially have the bearing explode after 2 weeks and a wheel coming off lol as I read in the only review I could find on these hubs, that's what happened. AADi Pty Ltd I should mention that this happened in 2008, so it's been 6 years since; maybe their quality standards have been raised after the incident.. Should I just give the GSP one a try, or just send it back for a refund?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd fit the one you have - they're generally all made in China now and the quality has improved greatly over the years. Are you sure you have the correct bearing as there are 4 different ones for Commodres - left, right, IRS, solid rear end. Get the wrong one and the ABS will not work.