Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

has anyone heard of this before

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
I was told by somebody yesterday, that the Auto shifter, can be modified, something to do with the lockouts on it, so you can manually put it back to second, without having to pull the tab, as it would otherwise just move back to third. Does anybody know about this, this guy also told me that the police cars were modified in this way, although i think he was pulling my leg. I've searched the net and didn't come up with anything -

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
yeh you gotto pull the shifter off and get a grinder onto it, just grind off the step bit for 2nd gear and put it all back together, ive seen a few people do it

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
I thought that some of the BT1 commodores had this option.

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
What about the bit of the story about police cars and this being done, is that part just another myth?

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
mines a bt1 and i can do this - i can go from overdrive, drive , 2nd without lifting the tab -

its awesome for fast cornering lol - massive lockups round cornors

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
and awesome for your auto by the sounds of it!

i know people that take the springs out of the auto shifter so you dont need to hold it up. quite silly really considering its not hard to knock them from D to R..

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
yeh it takes practise - i dont do it very often but am gettin pretty good at goin through the gears both up and down one at a time - like anyone though its hell hard - need a B & M shifter lol

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
I thought that some of the BT1 commodores had this option.

it is not an option for BT1/9C1, it is STANDARD in BT1/9C1 Auto's.
Every single Police Pack issued car that is auto will have this feature..

I was told by somebody yesterday, that the Auto shifter, can be modified, something to do with the lockouts on it, so you can manually put it back to second, without having to pull the tab, as it would otherwise just move back to third. Does anybody know about this, this guy also told me that the police cars were modified in this way, although i think he was pulling my leg. I've searched the net and didn't come up with anything -

Considering ive posted this info here twice in the last 4 days and the info is readily available on the net, you cant have looked too far.

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
it is not an option for BT1/9C1, it is STANDARD in BT1/9C1 Auto's.
Every single Police Pack issued car that is auto will have this feature..

Considering ive posted this info here twice in the last 4 days and the info is readily available on the net, you cant have looked too far.

So just cause you found something on the net that some else couldnt, dont be a d.i.c.k.h.e.a.d. about it, just post what you know , help out, then move along!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR