Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone replaced an input speed sensor in a auto VE

lester59

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve omega
i have one fault code to get rid of now and its a po717. now i know some speed sensors just bolt to the outer case, but im pretty sure these are internal, and thats really scaring me.has anyone replaced one?

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
P0717 fault code as you know relates to the Turbine Input Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit. This ISS sensor will be internal to the transmission on your car and don't just assume the fault code means that the sensor itself has failed. The sensor operation needs to be thoroughly evaluated with the proper scan tool before you start pulling the transmission out of the car for whatever repair might be required..

Take the vehicle to a competent professional that knows the transmission and can do a proper diagnosis of the problem before you do anything, before you conduct any repair or have the transmission removed.
This 99% likely won't be a DIY exercise. If you are concerned about the diagnosis and repair recommendation you get then obtain a second opinion.