Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone seen or tried one of these diff back exhuast system???

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I honestly can't see that bit of j-pipe having much impact on the drone (it will drone.. Just how much though is in question - though I'd be guessing a bit). All I can really see it doing is creating some turbulence and making the car sound a bit sick (though still fkn loud)

SV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VN Clubsport
From what i understand about the J-Pipes is the "J" piece is a specific length ive read that in a ve vommodore V8 the drone is about 115hz so the j pipe would be roughly 29 inces long
so the j pipe would work sound enters the j pipe hits the cap and bounces back
ie 115hz enters the j pipe hits the cap and bounces back into the 115hz wave entering the j pipe so it will cancel each other out

ps ive ordered some for my ve ss my9.5 with afm i should get them either the end of this week or early next ill let you know how it goes

reggie v

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Calais
yes something similar

my ve calais has a xforce 2.25 and a few other bolt on mods ( its a v6 ) and it was droning something fierce and today had a similar type of pipe fitted to each side and drone totally eliminated , apparently they work a treat on ve v8 with larger exhausts with drone ( not the ones pictured just the j pipe mod )

MM25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
From what i understand about the J-Pipes is the "J" piece is a specific length ive read that in a ve vommodore V8 the drone is about 115hz so the j pipe would be roughly 29 inces long
so the j pipe would work sound enters the j pipe hits the cap and bounces back
ie 115hz enters the j pipe hits the cap and bounces back into the 115hz wave entering the j pipe so it will cancel each other out

ps ive ordered some for my ve ss my9.5 with afm i should get them either the end of this week or early next ill let you know how it goes

I read similar information on other forums. In theory it sound really good :) so im hoping it works out!
Where did you order the exhaust from? If its cheap enough ill purchase one instead of trying to make my own sort......lol
Also when you install it, can you please provide some feedback on how the exhaust sound with AFM on, Mines auto as well

MM25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
my ve calais has a xforce 2.25 and a few other bolt on mods ( its a v6 ) and it was droning something fierce and today had a similar type of pipe fitted to each side and drone totally eliminated , apparently they work a treat on ve v8 with larger exhausts with drone ( not the ones pictured just the j pipe mod )

I herd x force are really bad systems for drone....Thats great that it worked out :)
I just need mine to be manufactured and i will let you know how they sound on a v8

reggie v

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Calais
the pipes are fitted just behind the 2 rear mufflers ..........also anyone know a good v6 tuner here in sydney with all the bolt on mods i have on my car it really needs a tune .....its giving the v8's a run for there money as it is but it really does need a tune

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
also anyone know a good v6 tuner here in sydney with all the bolt on mods i have on my car it really needs a tune .....its giving the v8's a run for there money as it is but it really does need a tune

So you've bolted on a 6L then.......

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
the pipes are fitted just behind the 2 rear mufflers ..........also anyone know a good v6 tuner here in sydney with all the bolt on mods i have on my car it really needs a tune .....its giving the v8's a run for there money as it is but it really does need a tune

hahah highly doubt that dude, unless you have bolt on a charger/turbo running some crazy boost you've got no chance agaisnt the 6L v8

reggie v

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Calais
should have clarified ...........giving 5.7s a run not 6.0 ............ the car is my old company car i was driving from new in jan 07 and i left the company in jan 10 when it was purchased for me as a company car i purposely had them set the residual at about 10k so when my contract was up i could buy it for next to nothing , would have loved to have had a 6.0 but the company policy was no V8'S allowed :-( .............if i went and bought a v8 when i left it would essentially be the same car with a bigger motor and i couldnt justify the difference from the 6 to the 8 ( at me paying only $10k for the 6 ) so i have done some mods
CPR6 MANIFOLD
MACE MANIFOLD INSULATORS
AIRHAMMER
UNDER DRIVE PULLEYS AND BALANCER
PACEMAKERS AND XFORCE 2.25 ( HAD THE J PIPES FITTED AS MENTIONED TO GET RID OF DRONE )
also put HSV gts staggered rims and pirelli tyres
it goes hard for a v6 but of course not like a 6.0 .............it does give em a shock though especially the 5.7L