Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone seen or tried one of these diff back exhuast system???

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
love to see this work my vr is droney as hell

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
should have clarified ...........giving 5.7s a run not 6.0 ............ the car is my old company car i was driving from new in jan 07 and i left the company in jan 10 when it was purchased for me as a company car i purposely had them set the residual at about 10k so when my contract was up i could buy it for next to nothing , would have loved to have had a 6.0 but the company policy was no V8'S allowed :-( .............if i went and bought a v8 when i left it would essentially be the same car with a bigger motor and i couldnt justify the difference from the 6 to the 8 ( at me paying only $10k for the 6 ) so i have done some mods
CPR6 MANIFOLD
MACE MANIFOLD INSULATORS
AIRHAMMER
UNDER DRIVE PULLEYS AND BALANCER
PACEMAKERS AND XFORCE 2.25 ( HAD THE J PIPES FITTED AS MENTIONED TO GET RID OF DRONE )
also put HSV gts staggered rims and pirelli tyres
it goes hard for a v6 but of course not like a 6.0 .............it does give em a shock though especially the 5.7L

God some people know how to talk alot of **** these days..... They don't ever stop to think that the v8's aren't even trying when they put their foot down.... For the mods you have i doubt you need a serious tune, more like a serious service.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
should have clarified ...........giving 5.7s a run not 6.0 ............
it goes hard for a v6 but of course not like a 6.0 .............it does give em a shock though especially the 5.7L

There's not that much difference between the 5.7 & 6L. Those mods you've listed still wouldn't give you near 200rwkw or 450Nm torque of the (stock) LS1.

reggie v

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Calais
quite possibly they arent trying ........but it suits my purpose and its nice and cruisey and comfortable leather , climate sunroof etc and for the amount the car owes meless than $15k not 50 or 60k i certainly cant go wrong but it does need a tune to get the most out of what i have done ..............we all need a good servicing !! i just dont like servicing myself !?!?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
God some people know how to talk alot of **** these days..... They don't ever stop to think that the v8's aren't even trying when they put their foot down.... For the mods you have i doubt you need a serious tune, more like a serious service.

The performance manifold VZ SV6 is making around 250rwkw NA last I heard <---- I'd imagine with his setup, being a better motor and if tuned correctly he'd easily make over 200rwkw. Most 5.7l make 180rwkw stock. However torque is another matter, still he said "run for their money" not "absolutly thrash them"

BTW, not getting into a V6 vs V8 debate, just stating some facts.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
There's not that much difference between the 5.7 & 6L. Those mods you've listed still wouldn't give you near 200rwkw or 450Nm torque of the (stock) LS1.

Except 20-30rwkw and more torque

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Would rather do a Service myself, save on Mechanics fees and I know that I'm getting what i paid for.... Nothing half asked!

The performance manifold VZ SV6 is making around 250rwkw NA last I heard

Do you have or is there anything on here to back up that statement?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Welcome to send him an email, I'd at least think it'd be around 230rwkw, google CPR6, his info is on the site.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Yeah just did google it, should of done that first lol. It says on there the sv6 with the CPR6 Manifold will add an extra 25hp. That's only about another 18kw.