Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

has anyone spotted a VE cop car around yet

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Lol the n/a XR6 are ok but nothing real special, A VS can beat one with a CAI and cat-back system (somewhat sad considering XR6 is kind of a sports model), but they do handle better than the VZ's. In QLD they are still using the XR6T's and typhoons, yet to see a VE marked or un-marked cop car.

The N/A XR6 is just a cosmetic and supension change from an XT. Same engine specs and kW output. Why they would put out a sports sedan and not spec the engine up I'll never know. I think the SV6 was the same?

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
Interesting point. SV6 is slightly more powerful (15kw in VZ) at least thats something (i.e dual stage VIM, VVT on exhaust which base doesn't alloytec get)

shifted

Reaction score
how often to cops change their cars? and why did they start using fords??

they have only a few ve commodores here as marked cars. black falcon xr6's as undercovers..

Pabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore 5.0ltr
Theres a fair few in perth now but there all undercover, 4 dark blue ones and 2 white that ive seen at the main cop shop in main street perth and i rekon therd be a few more for each suburb. a dead give away is the beautiful pursuit rims that they still use hehe so keep a look out here in perth boys

shifted

Reaction score
you in perth? so am i.. and i have only seen marked ones at the moment! lol
and i live just down the road from main street! haha

mar-d-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Clubsport
well, the VE's are slowly coming about in Perth atm, at my station we have only 2. 1 marked, 1 unmarked. haven't yet been able to drive them yet as my section is only running VZ's and 1 XR6 Turbo...a few of our cars are ready for change over, so we'll see, maybe getting a WRX to replace one of em.

XR6T has good pick up and nicer seats than the VZ, but the compression braking in sports transmission mode needs abit of getting used to. XR6T also has a bit of body roll and seems too light in the steering.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
we have a gold undercover VE car in town heres a pic that was on here before the great crash of 2007

Attachments

• ve copcar.bmp
    362.7 KB · Views: 290

shifted

Reaction score
what was the great crash? and mar-d-mac, i am guessing your a police officer..

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
The great crash was The Just Commodores server went down and we lost alot lot of posts and info.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
i should of said the great file theivery of 2007 damn stupid old host lost us months of threads lots of good ones but were building up the thread count slowly and it probably got rid or lots of unnessicary stuff so more room and i now have heaps of attachment space again allways a bonus