Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has the VL Calais / berlina / commodore passion finally ended in 2013 ?

large

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II S pack
Lol hope not cause I bout a vl 86 model

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
i still got my vl,don't think i will sell it until i find something i really like,
i'm to busy doing 4x4 mods now anyway lol, but the less vls you see the better,you watch the value come up in years.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
All cars have their ups and downs, I"ll be holding onto mine for just about ever unless someone makes an offer I can't refuse.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
All cars have their ups and downs, I"ll be holding onto mine for just about ever unless someone makes an offer I can't refuse.

$50. And i'll take you for a drive around the block in it one last time.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
$50. And i'll take you for a drive around the block in it one last time.

Not sure I'd want you near me at all, might spontaneously combust.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Could melt down the VL, double my investment :p

Worth 80k+, unless you've got some swanky insurance ready to go I don't think so.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I think the reasons may be that, they are too old now, most P platers want something newer, They are a pain to fault find a missing/idle issue, the electrical problems (since new) and most have been played with at some point by a young guy/girl wanting to learn how cars work/fix. Most have been scrapped due to some silly mistake that has made it unroadworthy. (holes in doors/parcels shelfs etc)
Because you can still find em cheap, no one puts any effort into fixing them.

And the big reason: Cos you can't drive a turbo car on your P plates, they have lost their "heckicness"

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
I have a work colleague that drives a VL as a daily and she loves it to bits and she's my age (early 20's). it's also getting hard to find a decent stock one in wa or in perth. most p platers here want fast and new and as such borrow stupid amounts of money to get what they want. we also don't have the ridiculous p plate restrictions here so they can drive what they want.

but who cares if it's old, aslong as you like it because that's all that matters. I've got mates who drive cars less than 10 years old that are so much more beaten up and flogged than my (almost) 20 year old statesman and they are always commenting on how clean and nice my car is.

personally I believe that the VL-VN/P and VQ/VR/S was the golden age of the commodore. if I found a VL in good nick and if the price was right, I would purchase it.