Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has your question been asked before?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
look, failing this, Kenwood H/U have been known to throw themselves into protect from time to time... unplug and reconnect will remove it from this mode and it will run for another 12 months before going into protect mode again....now, donsidering the fact that you've removed it and installed new speakers....fair chance you have a short.

imogencheynes

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vy, vz thunder
my FIRST speaker swap from stocks to alpine, in my ute. thort it was the speakers coz everything else worked. the newbies not working eitha...wot have i forgotten or now need to look at? am i looking at re-wiring nxt

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Repost that using proper English then we can help you...

tittezzzvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6 Berlina & 5LT VP International
OK Ive installed a CB unit to my calais & got the engine buzz coming through it,, Will a inline filter fix this ?? Ive tryed a condensor on the alt then coil but the didnt wornt
Power & earth in directly off battery to avoid this problem but it didnt work
Sorry if this is the wrong section to post in

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I'm no longer able to add to the original message but if anyone has anything relevant to add considering we've had two models of vastly different model commodores released, post them up and I'll contact a mod to either allow me to modify my original post or if we can compile a list and and get them to add to it.

Heres an important one...

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...ra-integration-aftermarket-alpine-unit.223524

GMH-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Hi guys, hope this is the right thread, i took my car to a installer in melbourne, he installed headunit 2 rca, and 6 speakers and a boss audio amp. Now apparently the amp is not good so he suggested to buy his alpine amp and refused to tune my setup i brought as he believes the setup is crap, so now ive decided to take out the 4 channel boss audio amp, however if possible is someone able to recommend me an amp that can be tuneable and handle the 6 speakers and headunit haha, btw im not going to put subwoofers.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Any mainstream branded 4 channel amplifier is going to do what you want. He is right to a certain extent, the Boss amp is crap. Doesn't mean its un-useable though. Just far from ideal. It can be "tuned" but essentially you just need the levels set right and all the crossovers set to full/through.

GMH-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Any mainstream branded 4 channel amplifier is going to do what you want. He is right to a certain extent, the Boss amp is crap. Doesn't mean its un-useable though. Just far from ideal. It can be "tuned" but essentially you just need the levels set right and all the crossovers set to full/through.

Hi, thank you for that, i have gone on ebay and had a look at this amplifier
Pioneer GM-D8604

Would you recommend me buying this one, if not is there any chance you could recommend me an alternative as ive searched in the stickied threads however the links never work haha. Cheers