Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hates/Dislikes about the VF SII

Waughy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Mini Clubman
I hate that I can't afford one (building a house, and other debts). I'm looking to maybe be in a position to shop around in the next 2 years or so. Will be looking at a CalaisV in Son Of A Gun grey.
So far I haven't come across anything that's put me off the few times I've been able to look one over. The rear end took a bit of time to come around to but I don't mind it now. If and when I own one I'm sure I'll find something I dislike.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
ill guess ole mate that had trouble with the hand brake has a manual my friend has quiet a steep driveway after his real estate agent tried to run his kids over with his rolling away vf commodore while me and my friend where going to punch his head in he used the excuse the car only has 20,000ks on it always serviced by holden and I put the handbrake on. The next time I saw the agent he said holden told him the handbrake mec/motor was full of dirt .
How many of you blokes that say what a good car VF is will keep it after 100,000k's?
I like the idea of the electric hand brake, but then again does it always truly work.
Hand brakes can be bastards to get just right at times, just to hold the car on a hill.
Crap can get in the drum brake dirt and rust, I have had to clean them out at times, I don't like the crappy drum brake with in the disc system much at all as it's weak as, if you lost you brakes and had to use the mechanical hand brake it would be near useless for anything over say 50KM/H. a good system in the XG Falcon ute where the hand brake worked on the disc pads but for the shitty position of the lever, the Holden HQ-Z rear drum brake were much better and could be used for great handbrake slides.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Hate, the lack of CD player.
Don't like where the aicon vents are placed
Don't like that the wiper module i
s hidden behind the steering wheel arm.
Don't lie the silver dash trims, scratch very easy and reflect the sun.
Don't like the cruise control functions.
Hate the chorus of panic beeps every time I leave the garage.
The seat bolstering could have been way better.

Jodie Goodall

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SS-V Redline Ute
Only thing I'm not a fan of is the feel of the clutch and the back lash in the transmission at low speeds. other then that I love my SSV Ute.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hate, the lack of CD player.
Don't like where the aicon vents are placed
Don't like that the wiper module i
s hidden behind the steering wheel arm.
Don't lie the silver dash trims, scratch very easy and reflect the sun.
Don't like the cruise control functions.
Hate the chorus of panic beeps every time I leave the garage.
The seat bolstering could have been way better.
Hi Trofius.
Wow! That's some list.
In my opinion:
My S1 Redline has a CD player. I rarely, if ever use it. They have a limited life. Happy not to have one in my Motorsport.
Aircon vents placement is way better than VE, rectagle or round. Blows where I want it. Thumbs up.
I find all ergonomics to be very good. I also love the steering wheel and the whole interior is worlds away from anything else locally made. Thumbs up.
Cruise is one flick of a button with my left thumb. Couldn't be easier.
Yeah I agree, "panic beeps" in the garage are a nuisance. So, I turn it off until I'm outside. Then reactivate. Simplez!
Just my view.
I have never once driven my car and thought, "geeez I hate that!".
Call me unsophisticated if you will peeps. But 3 1/2 years in and I still love this car!

Last edited:

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
Steering wheel in VF is far superior to the VE steering wheel that I lovingly called the SS Titanic steering wheel due to its enormous diameter...as mentioned before, VF is just right.......however I find that the right hand side thumb toggle for switching tracks or radio stations becomes difficult to use if my fingers a slightly sweaty...the left hand side toggle wheel has a nice raised edge, making cruise control speed selection a breeze. Why did they not provide the rubberised with raised section toggle wheel on the right hand side.....?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Steering wheel in VF is far superior to the VE steering wheel that I lovingly called the SS Titanic steering wheel due to its enormous diameter...as mentioned before, VF is just right.......however I find that the right hand side thumb toggle for switching tracks or radio stations becomes difficult to use if my fingers a slightly sweaty...the left hand side toggle wheel has a nice raised edge, making cruise control speed selection a breeze. Why did they not provide the rubberised with raised section toggle wheel on the right hand side.....?
Yeah, you're right. The left toggle is way easier.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
I hate that I have to wait till the end of June to get mine!!!

I haven't even driven, let alone had a ride in a VF yet...

I am saving it for that special bonding moment.
Lol

Hobbit

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I hate that I have to wait till the end of June to get mine!!!

I haven't even driven, let alone had a ride in a VF yet...

I am saving it for that special bonding moment.
Lol

Hobbit
Haha. I feel your pain Big Frodo.;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Yeah. It sucks balls lol...

I work at Canberra airport at the business park and there are always brand spanker SV6 Blacks getting around with the hire car mobs... don't hold a candle to the actual Redline but the silhouette is base similar...

Longingly looking and feeling sad when I see one

Hahahah