Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Haunted VT? VT Berlina Problems

SUSS8

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 Holden Calais VR V8
Hey guys,
I own a 98 VT Berlina, In less then 4 months Ive changed 2 fuel pumps the latest one being a Bosch one and I also changed the Crank Angle Sensor. I tried shocking the fuel pump and no response. My mate came past and we changed one of the relays and we got it started but once we turned on the lights or radio it would die out. We boosted the battery and even while it was being boosted we would turn the lights on, your could feel it start going lights are flickering and engine feels like its bout to clonk out.

I just thought Id add a few of the things Ive heard that have helped other people and wondering if people think its more electrical than anything else.

-Starter motor + Solenoid
- Computer
- Battery
- Fuel Pump - Defective Fuel Pump Relay
-Alternator
- Coil Packs
-Ignition Module

Wondering If anyone has experienced anything like this and what they have done to fix it.

fasamr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 3.8 ltz
i think it problem with Fuel pump replace only with genuine pump and take her to get Diag. see wat error codes u get i agree with pimpn1 and check your alternator too may be its not charging the battery or its not making any currect cous all current to Plugs and lights etc.. is supplied from alternator , You use the Booster battery charges and until battery life is available engine runs and when you switch on the lights as the power is comsumed by battery and the power is no suffcient the engine dies.

This is my Opinion to to Hope so you fix your problem any help any Diagram or any info required Reply me
FAS

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
either get an auto elec or someone who knows how to use a multimeter and test what is happening, it is a lot easier than just replacing anything you can think of

kovini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Exec. Wagon
and my bet - the alternator. assuming that the battery can still start the car that is.
pop a multimeter across your battery, with the engine running, and if it is less than 14.4 without lights, radio, etc., then your alternator is, quite frankly, mcfarked.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
"" ""

I agree.. But can't hurt for the auto elec to have a cap cook over it.

kovini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Exec. Wagon
a "decent" auto elec? ...good luck with that one! - they are about as common as trustworth, experienced mechanics! :)
a cheap multimeter ($14) from Jaycar or dick smith would be a far more wise investment!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
LoLz yeah figured...think i will go buy one handy to have n e way
Try this 93181777 cant remember the name off the top of my head and cant find a card.. But i have used them twice and KD holden is around the corner down Ballarat road... They do a good job. 2 faults. One chipped my car can't prove it, Might have happen on the way or on the way home???. And the other is they can leave cut wires on the floor messy ****ers. But their work isn't bad they are very good at what they do. And KD sends their cars around also.