Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Have forgotten. What fluid do you use In Radiator.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yes I check the VF SV6 today and my radiator level in the catch can is low. Do you add distilled water or do you buy that pink fluid that Holden uses and use that undiluted. If so can I buy it at AutoBahn Supercheap and other except from Holden itself as its to far away.
Thanks

lordsnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV
Holden uses dexcool, so you need something compatible .. or if it's a small top up, just use some distilled water. It's unlikely to change the ratio by a large enough percentage to matter, unless you're pouring in a fair amount of distilled water.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
just use netlube and punch in your vehicle type and it will give you the fluids you can use

Google - Netlube

popular brands:
Nulon
Castrol
Valvoline
Penrite

in the nulon range for the v6 it shows you use
https://www.nulon.com.au/products/c...ium-long-life-coolant-100-percent-concentrate

it is a concentrate so you need to mix it so get a bottle of demineralised water and do a 50/50 mix
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-demineralised-water---5-litre/102799.html

I have used the nulon one for ages and have never had a problem.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
NEVER mix different brands of coolant. You will be asking for trouble. Buy genuine Dexcool and top up....or as mention if only small top up...just add some water...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
NEVER mix different brands of coolant. You will be asking for trouble. Buy genuine Dexcool and top up....or as mention if only small top up...just add some water...

Types.

Aslong as it is the same chemical formula it is fine.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden uses dexcool, so you need something compatible .. or if it's a small top up, just use some distilled water. It's unlikely to change the ratio by a large enough percentage to matter, unless you're pouring in a fair amount of distilled water.
(Just to let you know I had another TIA (Small stroke) and this remove things that I knew before.)
No on that plastic dip stick the water mark is on the last hole itself. I only done less than 200 K in the last 12 months

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
NO. If it's 50/50 it's ready to go.....But is it RED?
If your VF is 5 years old or close to, or after and it's never had a coolant change, or if you don't know if the coolant has been changed or not, then NOW is the time for a full empty out with nice new RED coolant added to fill it up.
Your books give you all these instructions......May I ask have you read them?