Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Have I seen something special....?

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Thanks for the pictures...that second lot with the car ata different angle only makes me more sure of what I saw. You can see what I mean about the roofline...that is what makes you do a double-take when you see it. The color is a bit questionable, but I am dead sure that is the car.

We can only hope the current petrol prices are giving them a push.

And yes, if it has a well-set-up electric motor it will p1ss on a petrol engined car. Some of the motors I've seen in magazines produce up to 600nm of torque and are mounted inside each wheel of teh car and double up as regenerative braking systems. Imagine having four motors with 600nm of torque, one feeding each wheel... :w00t:

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
juzza said:
Bizarre lookin' thing I tell you that.. agree something's gotta be goin' down, no way in hell they'd be driving it for nothing on public roads, would probably truck it around if they want to move it.. possibly some kind of alternative fuel convention/race thing happening soon?

The world solar challenge starts this Sunday from Darwin and there is usually a conference in Adeliade at the finish. One of the non-racing classes of cars is the "greenfleet" which hybrids and other such green cars go fron D to A.

Wombat: Check out this page http://www.nedra.com/ it is the National Electric Drag Racing Association (USA).

Mike