Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

have you read the herald sun

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
Hi , how are we all today . I woke up this morning grabbed the paper and a coffee sat down to relax , and BANG , i am hit with a bunch of tools in the paper going on about how they love being classed as hoons, that they will defie the police and continue to act like this . I am a 23 year old male driving a "hoon" car i dont realy agree with people street racing and bragging about it . It really just makes the rest of us look like idiots also , seems to me that these guys are just going to cause car enthusiasts alot more grief please feel free to vent your feelings on this in here . I for one feel that these people need to be off the road , they were seen to pour oil on the road , and drive there car straight at the crowd .:bang:

hey just thought i should post a link for all the interstate users
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25497744-2862,00.html
there was a video aswell but it seems to have been removed

Also for those of you that care or read my last post and had a go at me , please note i have attempted to spell and use punctuation :yeah:

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Police need to work with enthusiasts to remove these brain dead parasites from the car society, this is why the dob in a hoon hotline is so good, its just a pity many abuse what it is there for.

Most police are clued on and realise many people who are part of car clubs and do not behave in this way, sadly though, its easy for innocent people to be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time around these wankers.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
The only other problem is that some car clubs consist of the same hoons as described. I hope the other clubs don't give everyone a bad name.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
the funniest thing about that whole page.....Western Suburbs. Ive heard of the west being bad with hoons, but i didnt expect it to be that bad.

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
Yes i agree , its a small group ruining it for the rest of us , take the noble park riot for example , this is 5 minutes from my house , I and every one else that i no thats is into the car scene was not present on that night , there are still regular drags around my area . I cant belive that people are dumb enough to actualy say the things they say in the paper , or that they are dumb enough to pose in photo's .I think that the issue needs to be addressed and a place set up where people can get out there in there car and have some fun there are places like drag tag we have easternats once a year . I think we need more , but nobody wants to listen they just push us to the side and label us hoons , killers, idiots ......etc .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I lol'ed at Victor on page 9. You just have to look at him to know he's a tool.

Reaper

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Police need to work with enthusiasts to remove these brain dead parasites from the car society, this is why the dob in a hoon hotline is so good, its just a pity many abuse what it is there for.

How would it be abused?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
How would it be abused?

What do you mean how would it? Its how it IS being abused. Ive had 2 visits from police, one for a guy ringing up the hotline because I was tailgating him. He failed to mention the only reason I was tailgating was because he would go from 20 km/h to 80 km/h and back down again. Pretty hard to not end up like that close behind a drunk. The other was for overpassing an old fart in 60 zone who was doing 30. Both times, was the same HWP officer, both times we laughed at how much tax payers money this is wasting. Both times he had a list of 4 pages of people he had to visit to tell them the same story.

That is how it is being abused.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
What do you mean how would it? Its how it IS being abused. Ive had 2 visits from police, one for a guy ringing up the hotline because I was tailgating him. He failed to mention the only reason I was tailgating was because he would go from 20 km/h to 80 km/h and back down again. Pretty hard to not end up like that close behind a drunk. The other was for overpassing an old fart in 60 zone who was doing 30. Both times, was the same HWP officer, both times we laughed at how much tax payers money this is wasting. Both times he had a list of 4 pages of people he had to visit to tell them the same story.

That is how it is being abused.

I don't see how its being abused. From Nanna's point of view, you ARE a hoon. You drive a Holden and are male. Yup, sounds like a hoon to me.:p

Maybe someone needs to define hoon before such a system will work.

SA just has dob in a moron driver, and works excellent. Had a guy decided to overtake 4 cars doing 110 over double solid lines, luckily all 4 of us rang, so they were waiting for him when he got home with the fine.

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
yes it seems that the word hoon is thrown round to easily i think . all tho i have heard some examples where the "hoon" driver realy did need to be dealt with , some times i think they need to dealt a harsher penalty than they actualy recive