Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Have you used a sand blaster at home?

master6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vb SLE 308
I am doing some restoration at home, and am considering buying a sand blaster, such as the Toolex 592541 model. Ebay has many of these machines, or similar, for around $200. They seem to be designated as 10 gallon .

Has anyone used one of these jobs?

How do they perform?

garth7777

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah i have one i got it from super cheap, goes well , uses a fair bit of air though
and you would not do a whole car at all , good for parts,,cleaning pitted rust and hard to get to place saves a lot of time
and brings stuff up like new i have done alloy mags as well with it ther only about $25 just run acouple of feet of plastic tube from gun into a bucket of sand $2 from landscape supplies

garth

hsv304v8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore vg ute
I brought a cheap sca one it just uses there sand so quickly. Does beach sand work ?

garth7777

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah should work, give it a try i use the fine white sand, any sand you use just sift it through a piece of shade cloth so there is no crap in it to block the gun if you work on a tarp most of the sand will fall on the tarp so you can just sift it and use it again

garth

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
dont think it matters what media your using if its in blast cabinet. if your not breathing it in you cant get it. also outside blasting with no PPE is a bad idea. i wouldnt wanna breath in garnet dust mixed with go knows what...