Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Having a computer issue XD

Hardy_Sheep

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy super l67 (in a 93 Hilux)
Hey guys, im new to this forum. Ive got a std delco ecu thats causing issues with the motor, keeps stalling the car randomly, its not a fuel issue, its def the ecu. I have been looken at your older posts about getting a 'map sensor' to tune with the delco. Plsease i need help noone has a legitimate idea of what to do, just kept getting told to get a aftermarket ecu but they are hard to come by. Im located in Perth, Wa
Cheers guys.

Hardy_Sheep

Reaction score
Members Ride
Doubt it’s a pcm issue. What makes you think it is?
Well idk what a pcm is hah, but ive had 2 mechanics scan the ecu, both come back with a tone of different codes that make no sense, ive had it cleared before but still stalls the motor... might do it again and check see if something comes back.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Clearing the codes will do nothing, the codes are appearing to tell you what's wrong. What codes have appeared so far? Not impossible that it's the ECU/PCM, but it's super unlikely.

Tuning will not fix your problem, and aftermarket ECUs won't really work for this car because the majority can't control the gearbox.

Hardy_Sheep

Reaction score
Members Ride
Clearing the codes will do nothing, the codes are appearing to tell you what's wrong. What codes have appeared so far? Not impossible that it's the ECU/PCM, but it's super unlikely.
Tuning will not fix your problem, and aftermarket ECUs won't really work for this car because the majority can't control the gearbox.

Thank you for your reply, the codes that appeared where showing RANDOM issues with the car that where clearly not possible. I was thinking of clearing the ecu restarting it and see if it does anything, the motor does nkt stall as much as i did before, but still does it now and then. It is NOT any of the fuel systems ive had a mechanic look at all of it. If you know any advise please let me know thanks.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Start by posting the error codes as it will help in diagnosis.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
If your getting random error codes for no apparent reason, try unplugging your abs module and see if the codes (besides an abs fault) go away.