Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Having a skitz

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
:bang: Really not happy today:bang: .... went to switch over the engine mounts on my vn v6 today and found that the bolts all came off easilly, the car jacked up easy and lifted the engine from the mounts. there didn't seem to be enough room for the mounts to come out. Does the car need to be put on a hoist? how much is this job worth?

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
nope the easest way to do it is to undo the four bolsf for the k frame and drop it down. make suer u support the engine so it dont come down with hte k frame then you should be abil to slp them out

bandit0014

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Commodore Wagon
Ok well if you hav,nt got a manual for it this is what it says in mine
1)disconnect the negative battery terminal
2)release the clamp securing the air inlet hose to the throttle body & disconnect the hose
3)raise the front of the vehicle & support it on stands
4)remove the nuts securing the engine mounting to the crossmember & the engine bracket
5)using a suitable lifting tackle,raise the engine until the weight is taken off the engine mountings
6)when removing the left hand engine mounting proceed as follows
a)On automatic transmission models,remove the bolt securing the front of the starter motor to the engine bracket
b)On aircondition models,remove the airconditioner compressor retaining bolts & secure the compressor away from the engine
7)Remove the engine bracket retaining bolts raise the engine slightly & remove the engine bracket & engine mounting
now hope that helps but will be doing mine soon so tell ya how it goes as i dont have a lifting hoist & that is how it says to do it from the manual

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
cheers boys i'm getting a b&m quicksilver shifter in today and the trans guys are going to fix it cheap while they do it. thanks for the walkthrough.