Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Having to jiggle tbar to get rev light to work,

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
hello,ive noticed that when i revurse that i have no rear rev lights>? if i jiggle the tbar it fires the lights up,same as starting> sometimes i put the key in the ign and she wont fire up? again a tiny jiggle of the tbar and she fires up every time its a v8>?my mate said its some linkage under or near the gearbox and it needs ajusting? would he be right?..........thanks heaps on advance for all replys.best wishes and kind regards:axe:

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
There's a switch on the shifter that won't let the car start in gear. Can't remember what it's called. It might need adjusting.

I'd imagine the reverse light issue is pretty simple ie: loose wire or something, or could be related to the above, not reading that it's in reverse.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
yes i understand your point 100% but both issues are fixed by a jiggle of the tbar? there may be 1 thing down in the gear box erea that ajusts them both.you may be right...thanks a heap for your reply,,,,,im sure plenty of ppl will let us both know in time,,,thanks again
I'd imagine the reverse light issue is pretty simple ie: loose wire or something.

There's a switch on the shifter that won't let the car start in gear. Can't remember what it's called. It might need adjusting.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks champ for the lightning fast reply
Yeah I edited to say the switch might be causing both issues. Someone will know for sure.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Sounds like the inhibitor switch, fairly common problem, you will find you have to hold the t bar up towards park and then it should start.

As for reverse lights, similar to above, might be some loose/half broken connection of some sort activating the lights

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
somthing that has to be done from underneath? thanks for the fast reply....have a good 1
Sounds like the inhibitor switch, fairly common problem, you will find you have to hold the t bar up towards park and then it should start.

As for reverse lights, similar to above, might be some loose/half broken connection of some sort activating the lights

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
somthing that has to be done from underneath? thanks for the fast reply....have a good 1

Just take you console off around the tbar you will see the enhibitor switch it's only two screws and afew wires

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Yeah its not hard to get to though, pop up the t bar surround, then 4 screws hold the plastic 'cage' around the tbar. Im not sure which connections are what though, i havn't had to deal with them before.

The inhibitor switch prevents the car from starting in gear, so if PARK isn't engaged properly, you'll have to kick it up when u start it. Happens with my car too lol.