Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Having trouble starting

will

Reaction score
Hi,

I had my manual vs series 1 for about a year now, and lately sometimes it wont start for some reason (i turn the key and the engine just keeps on turnin over). I am able to get it started by pressing the unlock button on my key, but the engine light always comes on, but if i stop it straight away i can then start it normally and the engine light goes away. So i was wondering if anyone else has had similiar problems or give me some ideas of what it could be.

Thanks, Will

W

whisky

theft deterrent signal missing

the battery in your key is starting to go flat.

Goto holden and they will order a new keyhead and code the keyhead to your car. Costs about $90.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
check for fault codes, it should show the theft detterent fault code

H

haynze

yeah that happened to my dads car. go to holden dealer nd get a new key head. costs 90 dolars aprox and takes about half an hour for them to install

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
im having the same problem, i had to call NRMA to help me out. i tried it about 15 times before i called them and nothing. As soon as the guy got there i tried it again and hey what do you no the bitch decided to start. It just sat there high reving like it was going to kick over but never did. Also sometimes i put the key in and turn it and all the dash lights come on but nothing happens. Could this all be linked to just getting a new key because thats what you guys have said and so did the NRMA guy. And this sounds like whats happening to me