Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hazard light button fallen thru!

jeza91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Hey all,

I was having some car issues while driving yesterday, so i went to press the hazard light button, and when i did, the entire button fell thru the dash!

It was impossible to try get out, and so the lights stayed on. I took the fuse out, but that just made the lights stay on, but not flashing.

Is there a way to open up the dash to push the button back through?

I know theres 2 screws just behind the steering wheel part, but is there anything else i need to open it up?

Thanks

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
Sounds like the mount on the back side of your dash fascia has broken. It clips the hazzard light switch in on the top and bottom of it. If only 1 is broken like on mine, you can use a cable tie to hold it on, it works really well.
All you need to do to investigate this (and retrieve your switch) is remove the dash fascia, search the forum for a how - to on it.
Yes, those 2 screws facing up behing your steering wheel, as well as three when you open your fuse panel and 2 under the mat, either side of the cigarette lighter.
Remove centre console fascia first, then 2 more screws for upper part of dash fascia.
Do a search for more detail on this

2000VXberlinaDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX berlina 4 speed auto 3.8 litre sedan
i recently bought a vx with the hazard lights button fallen through the console. i am trying to figure out how to fix that now. what i have found is this youtube video that shows how to remove the console/facia so you can get to the switch and check if its housing clips are broken or if it just needs to be resat in its proper place: