Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hazard lights not working

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
It would be refurbed. Many of the facsias have been sent back. Ive had 3 new ones (at least! memory is waning on that one...)

I still marvel at other car manufacturers who can still use standard stereos and hazard light swtiches. woah.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Pulled over to the side of the highway today to answer a phone call (using an Iphone - pain to get working with the bluetooth). Pressed the hazard button and no action. Could not get the lights to flash at all. Took the facia off and reseated it, still nothing...

Check all fuses, cruise control/phone fuse was blowen, replaced it, still nothing. No fuse for hazards. From the earlier post am I correct in assuming that the only way to fix this is to replace the entire facia? I have the SSV with infotainment, looks like it would cost a packet?

Cheers
Phil

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Yeah well I thought there was a fuse also. Took it to my mates at holden and sure enough there is no individual fuse.
They are going to swap facias to make sure its the issue then go from there. A new facia is well over $1,000.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i wnder how many others out there have this same problem.
go try your hazards. i never found out untill i got a RWC done and $ flew out my hands. probly been faulty for years

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
new facia required started @ $1000 got it down to $481

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Well I went to my dealer and we tried 2 different facias (just to be sure) and none of them allowed the hazards to work. Checked the BCM (although the hazards arnt controlled by the BCM) and other modules for any faults, none found. The car is book in next week to undergo diagnostics but it looks like the issues is in the BIG metal box behind the front facia. I'll update after Wednesday.