Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hazard lights not working

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
An update,

Had the facia removed and the main (big metal) box partly taken out which they discovered another fuse. They reconnected the wiring (plugs at the back) and the little fuse (while not blown) was partialy hanging out, they refitted it and the hazard lights switch is now working again. Took them about and hour to sort out.

I guess I have been lucky this time around...

Phil

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
An update,

Had the facia removed and the main (big metal) box partly taken out which they discovered another fuse. They reconnected the wiring (plugs at the back) and the little fuse (while not blown) was partialy hanging out, they refitted it and the hazard lights switch is now working again. Took them about and hour to sort out.

I guess I have been lucky this time around...

Phil

good news mate

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
well holden have just earnt them selves an irate customer demanding a refund. more hazzard light trouble and what do you know i read this so check the aformentiond fuse and well well what do you know looses replace it with a new one and all my problems are fixed. theres have only just begun

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Jason, are you saying that your replacement facia (hazard switch) failed and they (holden) did the same thing I had done and all is now fixed? Didn't they (holden) test the previous issue with another facia to make sure it was the actual switch?

Information I got back about the hazard switch failing was mostly due to the switch mechanisim as the back falling apart which required a replacement facia. Hopefully you were able to keep the old facia and retest it. If it works then they would definately have something to answer for.

Remember, you can pull off any VE facia (SV6, SS, SSV, HSV,) and re fit it to another VE. It will still operate the aircon and other controls (Execpt Radio) for testing the hazard switch.

Cheers
Phil

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
long story short i didnt buy a facia through holden in the end i told them not to bother and got one out of our fleet manager.
had it programmed to suit. and just took for granted that it was done. as i dont realy have time to deal with it myself so missus droped it off and picked it up.

lesson lernt check things myself

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
long story short i didnt buy a facia through holden in the end i told them not to bother and got one out of our fleet manager.
had it programmed to suit. and just took for granted that it was done. as i dont realy have time to deal with it myself so missus droped it off and picked it up.

lesson lernt check things myself

sounds like alot of work youve been threw lol

Budgie Smuggler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 Clubsport
well holden have just earnt them selves an irate customer demanding a refund. more hazzard light trouble and what do you know i read this so check the aformentiond fuse and well well what do you know looses replace it with a new one and all my problems are fixed. theres have only just begun

Hi jasonsv6, I know this is old post but have hazard issue myself now and thought I would post and hopefully get some info from you if you still monitor the forum. Can you give me an idea of the location of this fuse..passenger side/drivers side/rear?..do I have to remove complete unit to access the fuse or just remove some panels/cables?..

.P.S..I hope you got some satisfaction from Holden regarding your hazard issue.

Regards,
Budgie.

Banto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden 2008 WM V8 StatesmanC
Hazard lights button collapsed on my 2008 WM Statesman. Gotta quote from Holden one said $1600.00 part only N.S.W and the other $1450.00 QLD. So I popped the old button out with a screwdriver which has now left a rectangle hole above the head unit but now I can get my finger in there and push the internal button and hazards work. Live in N.S.W and still get Rego RWC. It's not pretty but at least they work now.

acey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
Hey guys,
Thought I'd share my experience,
I just had the same problem in my GTS.
And hexem's response was on the money about the fuse.

All I did was pull off the lower half of the cowling from the drivers side ( remember to undo the 2 screws of the odb port. And pull down the 2 pieces of trim that run along the side of the handbrake and Stero. Pull out the big connector plug on the side of the radio and inside where the plug was removed from there will be a white 25amp fuse, pull it out and test it ( will need to use the fuse puller or long nose pliers ), if it's good put it back in and connect the plug back in and you should be good to go :) should only take 30min to do if it's the first time you've ever pulled off trim.
Thanks for the tip hexem